8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » My Poor Memory

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Poor Memory
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2013 11:28 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was looking for the scope bracket for my 'new' Elf projector (Thanks Adrian). Now needs a new bulb, so got my blue Elf out to watch "Gold". What do I find on the projector the very thing I was looking for [Smile] .

Is this a sign of watching too many films or just a sign of old age?

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 08, 2013 12:30 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Old age. It happens to me all the time! [Frown]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 08, 2013 12:34 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I am looking for my keys or my telephone and they are in..my hands !

--------------------
Dominique

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2013 03:16 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news & bad then at least I can still keep watching films. Although I could forget I watched it.

Its an amazing thing though the memory I sometimes in my relaxing mode drift off and remember things from long ago as though they were yesterday, especially holidays.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 08, 2013 05:16 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago [Roll Eyes] a chap I once worked with told be he found a book in the public library on "how to improve your memory"

He went on how good the book was....only thing though he forgot to take it back [Eek!]

I kid you not. [Smile]

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2013 03:34 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
my problems is when my mind is on something else I put things down I loose track where it is. Or you forget that you have a left pocket in your jacket and you panic you cant find your credit card or keys. [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 09, 2013 05:37 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're working on something at the house. You run down three flights of stairs to the basement to get something you need. You steam up to the workbench only to stop in disbelief that you have no idea what it is now...

-you turn and retreat back upstairs...you'll know once you are back up there!

You ever walk past a table and pick up a pair of glasses only to discover you're already wearing a pair?

My job often requires I use my car a couple of times during the day. If I'm wise I try to park it in the same area all day long. It saves some confusion at 5 O'clock.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2013 11:47 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Fellow suffers, we call them "senior moments"!!. My excuse is my age but my children get them too!!!Ken Finch. [Wink]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 13, 2013 03:52 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For about 20 years working on aircraft my biggest fear, way back then, was to forget something "important" [Eek!]

Only once did I wake up in the wee hours, thinking about a certain landing gear pin. It could be fitted in a way that might jam the landing gear door as it retracts on a BA146. I phoned the hanger just before the test flight with my concern. The engineer checked it, and found I had fitted it right...no problem [Smile]

We did have systems in place to double check every ones work, plus a paper work trail a mile long on everything....but in saying that, mistakes can still happen, especially late at night and clocking up long hours.

I remember one chap who told me he had once worked for "American Airlines" in the states and was working long hours, changing the No2 engine on a DC10. After his shift was finished he drove home and slept in his basement not to wake up his family.

The next day he could not remember anything about his drive home
[Eek!] a complete blank. He decided then, it was time to get out of that job.

Might be something to think about the next time you board an aircraft [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC