8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » OSI'S Super 8 Collection video!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OSI'S Super 8 Collection video!!!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 17, 2014 12:27 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to believe that in the, what? 10 years of being on this forum, I have never shared even a single photo of my film collection, so I hope that this silly video makes up for it, and yes, that's me doing those asinine vocal impersonations. See if you can guess them all, (if you wish) and enjoy those obscure 60's rock n roll tunes as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlEO7RStwDg&feature=youtu.be

OSI

P.S. No, I was not on any drugs when I did this, but the first rule of comedy is to not worry about making fun of yourself, if you get a laugh out of it!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2014 01:27 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very entertaining and hilarious video Osi, I enjoyed that very much. Should you make more...and you should...send me a pm so I can give you tips to capture better sound. Otherwise, it perfectly captures the spirit of what good public access television was/is like. Brilliant, two thumbs up.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 17, 2014 01:45 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kudos to your video Osi. Good to see you have fun with this hobby. I also have a Yashika P810...but mine is working [Smile] It's a terrific machine and I hope you can get yours operating soon. Thanks for putting the video together. It's always interesting to see how other collectors do their thing [Smile]

[ March 17, 2014, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 17, 2014 05:24 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi

EXCELENT!

I liked Sean Connery the best.

PatD

Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2014 07:00 PM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Delightful Osi. Hope you're going to show some of that equipment running extracts from your collection, in future progs.

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2014 04:13 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
brill osi nice to see your collection your talent is wasted here ha ha

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 18, 2014 12:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I envy you Janice, my Yashica hasn't ran for a couple of years, which is a shame for, as you know, that projector, (in proper running order) is literally whisper quiet, and has great "bottom" (low end) to the optical sound, which some optical projectors (some far more expensive), tend to be a little "shrill" in they're optical sound.

Gee, I thought my "Connery" was my worst impersonation. Actually, with Connery, the impersonation works best when you have certain words like "find" and such that bring out his definitve qualities the best.

I did do a John Wayne on there, but I didn't like it much. Bogie was a little out of practice.

My favorite one to do is James Mason, as I really have that one down. I usually tend to use it when I have him on my answering machine as "Jeeves, the snotty English butler" (disclaimor, just because someone is British, doesn't mean that they are snobs) ...

which goes like this ....

" Hello, this is Jeeves, the snotty English Butler. Master OSI and Lady Stephanie are not able to come to the phone... big surprise; but if you leave your name and number, they will get back to you, when they can, if your worthy, which I doubt. Good day. "

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 19, 2014 12:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I just thought that I ought to a video, not only demonstrating how to operate a super 8 projector, but also proclaiming the wondrous glory of actually seeing an actual projected film image, in comparison to a digital image ...

Let's face it folks, we, who collect the various film gauges, are becoming the lucky minority that have that delicious pleasure! Film projectors, to the common person out there, are an alien thing and with more and more theaters becoming digital only, fewer and fewer people are actually seeing a projected film image, just a digital "carbon copy" of film.

--------------------

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2014 02:14 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet ANOTHER Osi Video? I shall have to set the Parental Controls on my computer to block YouTube and Vimeo to protect my sanity.

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 20, 2014 11:25 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi On A Plank Part 2. I can't wait! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 21, 2014 12:44 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm only on a plank if I happen to be quite "stiff' at the time, (usually due to a nice bottle of Irish Cream liquor!) [Big Grin]

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 21, 2014 02:58 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....Part thee.... [Big Grin]
 -

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 24, 2014 01:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've kind of felt like that a lot lately [Frown]

--------------------

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2014 10:02 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi! I loved this video. Your mimicry and the musical score in combination infuse great energy into the short movie. Loved it very much.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 28, 2014 12:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks and good to hear from you!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC