8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » What happened to Steve Osborne?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What happened to Steve Osborne?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 07, 2014 10:35 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to email tons of times now, with orders and questions, but no reply. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me he hates?

|  IP: Logged

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2014 10:48 AM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had the same problem with this fellow, Alex.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 07, 2014 11:12 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar & Alex,

No excuses for Steve not replying, but he is a very analog guy in a digital world. I have left orders and not heard back only to find my order arriving in the mail.

He also has a full time job that he has to devote the majority of his time to. It is best to call the voice mail number: 937-296-9036. I'll also check in and make sure he knows that both of you have tried to contact him.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 07, 2014 11:23 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really enjoy Steve O.'s comunication style!

-you send him an e-mail, couple of days later you get a hand written postcard!

(Repeat as needed!)

What he does is a labor of love for this hobby, so how he chooses to do it is fine by me.

-So he will get to you: you just need to think "1974" instead of "2014".

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 07, 2014 11:34 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I know many of the "old timers" are analog, but he did reply to emails earlier. Just lately he's not confirming orders or anything, even after 3 or 4 emails asking if he did get the order. I was more concernced if he was taken ill or anything

Here's crossing my fingers for a few titles I ordered then

Another thing ... How many Reel Image magazines has been released since novemeber 2012? I only gotten two I think (might be three)

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 07, 2014 12:04 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would definitly be easier for overseasers (if this word exists) if it was possible to order or enquire through a website.

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 07, 2014 01:33 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had no problems with Steve at all, in fact from my experience his service is first class. I usually phone in any order and tell hime what I wish to buy. About 4 days later the items are delivered to my home with an invoice, which I then make payment by check. This all works great for me.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 07, 2014 01:41 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A bit more difficult for me in Norway ... I hate speaking english on the phone, but I see your point. I used to get the stuff quickly too and often surprisingly (no confirmation), but lately he either has me on a hate list or trapped in a spam filter. I sent email with receipt and read options turned on and I got a message it was received, but never read

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 07, 2014 02:20 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
I did have a similar thing a few years back when I ordered my Grease feature but have to say fear not, as my order turned up as Doug said it would. Sound as a pond,(or dollar) [Wink]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 07, 2014 08:44 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but lately he either has me on a hate list
Just email him with the question on how to buy "Captain America"...if Steve reply it in seconds, then you are definitely in his hate list... [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC