8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Shipping time from Italy to USA and how to track?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shipping time from Italy to USA and how to track?
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 18, 2014 09:06 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,
I have a projector coming from Italy and I have a tracking number but when I put it in it continually says the tracking number cannot be found.
The item was theoretically shipped on the 12th of August.
I have never had an item come from Italy so I am not sure of the time frame and if not being able to track the item is "Normal" for the Italian Post.
Any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 19, 2014 12:29 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be aware that the 15th August is a bank holiday in Italy (like in several European countries) and that Italian post office is not reputated to be fast (but things seems to improve). No idea why the tracking system is not working but it also happened to me (I don't remember from which country). I had to wait one oe two days before the information was online (but 6 days looks of course too much).

--------------------
Dominique

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2014 02:21 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan, do you know what kind of shipping has been used?

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 19, 2014 07:29 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poste Italiane I believe. The tracking numbers look like this:
CC035618666IT (Not my tracking numbers but same format)

The main problem is it took so long for the funds to be deposited into the sellers account (first time paypal transaction for him) that he waited to ship. I have a 45 day window to process a Paypal claim. Which will be on Thursday!
If I can't get confirmation this item is coming I will open a claim but I don't want the seller to get screwed. Then again if the item really isn't coming..I don't want to get screwed either.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2014 07:58 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Alan! Perhaps I can help you: read my PM.

Best,

Maurizio

--------------------
Maurizio

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2014 08:13 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have shipped stuff overseas and once it gets outside the US the tracking stops cause its out of US hands maybe yours is the same way just in reverse. Could take up to a month to receive an item.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2014 10:29 AM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in overseas shipping hell as well right now. Ordered some prints from Germany and the DHL tracking ends when the package got dropped off in the States almost three weeks ago. Tick...tick...tick...

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 19, 2014 11:06 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent Maurizio!
Grazie!
Lets all cross our fingers for international shipments arriving!

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2014 09:38 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, you have a new PM.

--------------------
Maurizio

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 20, 2014 09:54 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently had a package from the USA, it was despatched with USPS and I was given a tracking number, it finally finished at LAX.

But, a few days later the same number worked with the UKs Royal Mail tracking service, who delivered it a few days later.

DHL items from Germany also get delivered here with Royal Mail.

However, Hermes, which is German owned, deliver here with self-employed deliverers.

Alan, why don't you try using your supplied number with the USPS tracking service? It might just work.

--------------------
Maurice

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2014 05:15 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the past, I've had it take about a month for an item to arrive in Italy. This was also the case for an item that was shipped to Greece. That one was a big hassle. I now only ship Priority or Express International, since it can be insured and tracked. I haven't had a package shipped to me in some time, though. Just my two cents. It can take a while if standard shipping is chosen.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 23, 2014 07:38 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed the seller and told him that I need to have a tracking number that works in order for me to feel safe that its on its way. If I don't hear from him by Monday I guess I will up the Paypal transaction to a claim.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 24, 2014 01:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about asking for a scan of the invoice document ?

--------------------
Dominique

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2014 06:54 PM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any luck Alan?

My stuff never came and I don't think it will. Would much rather have the prints than the refund.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 12, 2014 11:54 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly I believe the unscrupulous seller never sent the item. I was covered by Paypal so I received all my money back but still. Who goes through all the trouble to do this transaction and then not send the item?
I sent numerous emails informing the seller that the tracking number wasn't working.
No reply.

Tim Robinson-Ayer
Junior

- posted September 13, 2014 08:05 PM      Profile for Tim Robinson-Ayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it helps, years ago I ordered a DVD set of Wim Wenders "Until the End of the World (5 hour directors cut) from DVD.it. I was happily amazed when the parcel arrived one week later. I absolutely could not believe it that it came that quickly (and told my wife that I was going to be immersing myself for the next five hours in a movie that I had been waiting ten years to see).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 14, 2014 01:01 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can hardly understand, Tim, how that could help [Confused]

--------------------
Dominique

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 14, 2014 09:35 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha! I was thinking the same thing. [Smile]
We'll if the seller actually sent the item I will re-send him the money but lets face it... he never sent it. Maybe he needed a loan for a few weeks? Strange strange seller!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 15, 2014 12:49 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He may have sent it outside EBay for a better price or for emergency needed cash and prefered not to mention it, or worse, trying to get your money, too. He may also have done the same with several people and if the total amount worths it cancelled his credit card and disappear so that he won't have to pay the money back (but you will of cource receive it from paypal). We will probably never know.

--------------------
Dominique

Tim Robinson-Ayer
Junior

- posted September 19, 2014 06:04 AM      Profile for Tim Robinson-Ayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was merely stating that it is possible for something to go from Italy to the US in a week. i.e., if you're waiting a long time you should be concerned and act. In the past I have sometimes thought, hmmm, well, it's coming a long way and maybe that is why it's taking so long. No, that doesn't need to be the case. I've also bought a lot of cds and dvds from Amazon UK and de and had them shipped to the US. Ten days tops. The week for something from Italy really impressed me.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 19, 2014 03:39 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tim,
I got it now! That is fast from Italy.
Well I got proactive and I contacted the seller and asked him why he never sent the item after I paid. I demanded an answer. I got...nada. No response. So for the lovely gents here..if you ever deal with a man named ROBERTO MELILLO from Italy be wary of this person. He took my money for over 6 weeks and I had to use Paypal to get it back. Once the money was sent he stopped communication except to give me a fake tracking number the day the funds were available to him.
If he has suffered some horrible mishap I will of course retract my statements but I don't think that's going to happen. Since if he did suffer a mishap the package should have still come since he had a tracking number...
His email address is: big-nepentha@xxxx in case you ever run into him.
Caveat Emptor! [Mad] [Mad]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 19, 2014 04:05 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The expression used in the e-mail address refers to a disco or to this : "The definition for nepenthe originates from Greek and Roman times. It was a potion given to people to help them forget their sorrow and woes. There's also another fable saying that it's a magic elixir taken to forget all we Know!" (http://nepentha.org/index.html)

--------------------
Dominique

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 19, 2014 05:04 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess he took the magic elixir right after he received payment! [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC