8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Shipping film from Italy to New York

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shipping film from Italy to New York
Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2014 10:47 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone tell me what would be the most cost effective way to ship around 10kg (22lbs) of film from Italy to New York?

|  IP: Logged

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2014 12:36 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With Poste Italiane there are two options:
- "Paccocelere Internazionale" that costs 90 euro below 10Kg, and 116 between 10Kg and 15Kg, is trackable and arrives in 4/5 days
- "Pacco ordinario" that costs 63 euro below 10Kg, and 86 between 10Kg and 15Kg, but is not trackable and it takes up to 25 working days excluding the time spent at the custom.

Maybe with some private courier service you can arrange a more effective shipping, but it's better if you directly contact them

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 28, 2014 08:10 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A letter might not be traceable but I don't think in today's world there is packet that not traceable/trackable. This should not happen due to security reason.

What the post offices do now is distinguishing services between traceable by customers and not traceable by customers. By this, the post office can make different prices. However from the post office's side, they still can trace where the parcel is now, no matter what service do you choose.

I always received parcels that were denoted as non-traceble but the parcel will have barcode or numbering stickers with them. So this is to track them.

[ August 28, 2014, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2014 02:47 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, you're right, but the customer's view is what matters in this case.
If you have a not trackable item (from the customer's view perspective), it means that you (customer) don't know where the item is and you cannot ask for information to the postal office or open a claim unless a certain number of days have passed.
I experienced this some time ago for an item that should have come from the U.S.A. but never arrived.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC