8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Maze Runner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Maze Runner
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 28, 2014 03:39 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We went to see this with my grandson last night. When the film stArted out the premise of escaping from a huge maze seemed promising, but it soon became obvious that this film is yet another poorly written, poorly acted Hollywood movie, with zero character development, over-the-top violence and noise, and lousy CG effects. Even worse, the many plot questions raised by the film were never answered! And to top it all, you realize at the end that the whole film is the first of a planned franchise of 3 or more sequals! [Mad] So you are going to have to go back and see 'Phase 2' if you want to find out what the heck is the reason for everything.
Typical Hollywood action trash. I am so sick of these kind of films.
When we left the theater I felt like I had been beaten over the head with a two by four!.

* Not recommended

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 28, 2014 03:50 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I gather you saw the single-screen version. I'm aware that even in the 3-screen "Escape" format it's still a turkey, just curious to read anything about the new system.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 28, 2014 04:40 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it was a single screen Jean-Marc. That was more than enough thank you! [Frown]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2014 08:44 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems a lot of films are aimed for young adults. As long as they line up for the film they will continue to be made. I saw The Boxtrolls today. It was a very delightful and highly skilled film. I just loved all the characters. Next up for me is Fury. Long time since there's been a war movie. Then Interstellar. The Chinese theater, recently renovated, is installing an Imax 70mm projector.

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2014 10:39 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just see Guardians Of The Galaxy. It's a good old fashioned space adventure for ALL ages. I saw it twice in the space of two weeks. It's THAT good.

I wrote a review which you can find a few subjects below this one.

Trust me, it's well worth seeing on the big screen, in 3D or 2D (I've seen it both ways!).

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 29, 2014 01:24 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
We don't go to the movies much these days, but did with this one "Boyhood" as I was interested how he managed to make this film over the 12 years with the same child and adult actors.

It must have been a financial risk to do this film, as he would probably would not receive a cent in return until after 12 years of filming and it was released....The result I thought was very good and in particular the young girl...his sister in the movie was in particular was excellent.

It might not appeal to everyone, but for me I am always on the lookout for something different and this film certainly was. The editing was nicely done with smooth transitions for each of the 12 years of filming. The running time is long.. I think it was around 2hrs 45minutes...well worth though.

Graham. [Smile]

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2014 02:58 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Always thought Richard Linklater was a director to watch since SCHOOL OF ROCK.

--------------------
Paul.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC