8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » ELO, the way it should be heard!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELO, the way it should be heard!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 02, 2014 01:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm totally apes**t over the Electric Light Orchestra!! I've always said "Why doesn't Jeff get off his arse and do up ELO the way it should heard, with a full orchestral section backing it up, live?

Well, it looks he has finally done it! Here's a link to the concert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBEMnV2I3K8

Lets hope that he does it over here in the same way in the US!!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2014 11:06 AM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have Chris Evans to thank Osi,he is a well known radio and tv presenter over here.
One day he asked his listeners if they would like to see Jeff and the ELO perform,the response was phenomenal,Jeff's management company got involved and the rest is history.
What a fantastic set he did !!!

--------------------
Let there be light,so god created the projector

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 03, 2014 12:01 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree and this concert was miles ahead of his "ZOOM tour" live DVD. he just had a few electric cello's and faked keyboard violins, (which were very buried in the mix), and it just didn't do justice to the music.

With this full orchestra (well, at least the violin/cello section), it sounded very good. I've got to figure out how to download this in HD and put it on DVD. However, I would hope that Jeff might perchance actually release this himself on DVD with a proper 6 channel surround.

You listen to an artists output from years ago, and you hear it live and there's always one thing that you wish was better. In this case, it was the sound of the drums. Still very good, (didn't even mind the few places where he flubbed his own lines).

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 03, 2014 04:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Have to admit, they were brilliant Osi. In my growing up years I was blown away by Wild West Hero, Sweet Talkin' Woman and All Over The World among others, in fact pretty much loved em all.. Telephone Line, Mr Blue Sky, Shine A Little Love etc etc ..the list is endless!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 04, 2014 12:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You folks might have already figured out how to download it, but here is a link for the concert in Mp4

https://freelibs.org/movies/JeffLynnesELOLiveAtHydePark14.09.2014.html

All the best and enjoy the concert! (note: it downloads as a slow rate.)

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC