8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Ho! Ho! Hold On There!!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Ho! Ho! Hold On There!!!!!
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 03, 2015 04:31 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a cell phone thing!

I took it with my phone, brought it into the PC and found it capsized, flipped it, and now it's right side up on a computer but inverted when a phone sees it.

Somehow a phone knows what's "up"!!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2015 08:57 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, probably leftover inventory from last Easter. You know when the Lenten season is drawing to a close when the Cadbury Chocolate Bunny makes his appearance on store shelves.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2015 11:46 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tesco had them in store on the 26th. On the 23rd all the Christmas stuff was discounted. Funny thing is that the Christmas stuff like mince pies comes in that early its out of date before the event.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 03, 2015 01:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor ...

That film ranks right up there with "It's A Wonderful LIfe" and the 1984 "A Christmas Carol" in my book!

There are so many very well executed jokes in there. One of the best is somewhat "subliminal", when we see a shot of each family member, as they hear the doorbell, but notice that with each successive ring of the doorbell it's gets lower in modulation, until we get the shot of the front door and the bickering relatives outside, and that lovely low end GONG, on the soundtrack! Just one of many great moments!

... and how many blasted relatives are as much of an "arse-hole" as the one who, after poor Clark goes through sheer hell to get the lights working, his father in law, instead of praising his hard work, says ...

"The little lights aren't blinking!"

How many of us have just wanted to haul off and punch those kind of relatives in they're yuletide face?!! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 03, 2015 02:13 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible they are moving on last years old stock stock due to the shelf life expiry date coming up?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 03, 2015 02:15 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About twenty years ago I figured out the difference between relatives and family (1), did some sorting out and have had a much happier life ever since!

(1) Just because we share some DNA, I am not obligated to put up with your crap!

Maybe they are moving out the old Bunnies and Eggs before the new stuff shows up, but the idea of Easter Candy the week of Epiphany is just plain disturbing!

Isn't life moving too fast regardless?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 03, 2015 05:25 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Life if just a single frame of film but its travelling at 24 frames per second [Wink] ....I remember leaving school as soon as I was 15 years old starting my first job, last week I turned 63 years old....what happened [Eek!]

Anyway regarding the subject of families and friends, watch the movie "Kotch" starring the brilliant Walter Matthau and directed by Jack Lemmon. Although it was made way back in 1971, pretty much sums things up and so true to life. If you have never watched "Kotch" then hire out the dvd, its really really good [Big Grin]
 -

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2015 10:46 PM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right ,Graham, Kotch is a good movie. I have it in 16mm. Jack Lemmon should have gone on to direct other movies. His staging and editing of certain scenes shows he had a directors eye.

--------------------
Joe

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 04, 2015 10:05 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a little boy, still am - Shorty

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC