8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » I'm thinking that this is 16MM ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm thinking that this is 16MM ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 26, 2014 11:28 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The auction says 8mm, but I think that it's 16MM, at least, it's on 16MM style reels ... what do you folks think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201224367862?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

It's too bad if it's 16MM, I don't collect 16MM and I'd love to what I would assume is probably (if 8mm) and optical sound super 8 print of "Breakheart Pass" one of Bronson's better 70's films.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 26, 2014 11:44 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The seller corrected it and it is now advertised as 16 mm (except in the format description section which still says 8mm)

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 27, 2014 09:57 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Does not ship to United Kingdom" says the seller. I can't see what difference a receiving country could make, it still has to be packed up for shipping wherever it goes. If the purchaser is willing to pay the correct fee then what is the seller's problem?

--------------------
Maurice

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2014 10:23 AM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, I don't ship overseas either. In the US, it is pretty much impossible to ship in a way that genuinely protects you against buyer fraud, particularly with eBay's policies being so tilted in favor of the buyer. Mind you, I ORDER from overseas all the time, because the risk is entirely the seller's. I'm glad that many European sellers are willing to ship to the US, but I'm not sure why they do it. I did have one very valuable package (by my meager standards) go missing from Germany, and the seller was really screwed. I hope DHL eventually coughed up his insurance money, but if they are like the US post office, he would have only gotten the value of his merchandise refunded, and would still be out the (high) price of postage.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 27, 2014 10:39 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose an American seller already has a large market for his items, but do such local sales also attract the same problems experienced with overseas sales on eBay?

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC