8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » New Star Wars Trailer!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Star Wars Trailer!!!
Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2014 10:10 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here it s guys! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE&feature=youtu.be

|  IP: Logged

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2014 01:20 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I clearly remember the experience of seeing Star Wars in 1977 when I was 10 years old.
Might be nice to feel that again.....

Cheers
Terry

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2014 04:03 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cant wait but lets hope for a 35/70mm release otherwise l will be waiting for the blu ray release to see this as l dont go to the videma anymore.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 28, 2014 04:43 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May the force be with you! It looks great!

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2014 04:24 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a shame none of the original cast members are featured, but it's good to see the Millenium Falcon in action again.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2014 06:32 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shall certainly be wanting to watch it but I may wait for the Blu Ray. I don't think the digital cinema is so bad only that they now play films so loud. I have heard that in some cinema chains it is quite deliberate that the soundtrack should be played at 85db. That is pretty loud. Too loud for me.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 29, 2014 08:56 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven, it is rare to see the expression "I shall" but that is the one I was taught at school : I shall, you will, he will...The teacher said that "I will" was used to insist on something you would definitly do but I see that (almost) everybody uses I will in any situation.

--------------------
Dominique

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2014 11:08 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. I'm English and an English graduate so I probably use old-fashioned expressions.

--------------------
VistaVision

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 29, 2014 11:58 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that was a letdown as well. The trailer would have more "sell power" by showing the original cast members, by doing so binding not only the younger crowd, but the crowd that grew up with the originals as well. Bad planning there, as the footage (and I believe, the whole shoot) is already done so they obviously have the footage.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2014 01:08 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to see this but really, does this seem a little unsophisticated to anyone besides me? I'm not just talking as compared to the original trilogy, but even Abrams' best. That first shot - turn the sound off, stare at dunes for 10 seconds, and then random guy pops up into view looking... alarmed.

Anyone could've shot that. Including my kids.

Plenty of teasers or trailers have done a poor job representing the worth of a show, hopefully this is no different.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 06, 2014 01:49 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good point Bill. I was curious about that shot. My theory is that it must be someone in Stormtrooper's armor that isn't a Storm-trooper, ala Luke Skywalker on the Death Star as, well, we all know that the troopers were clones of Jango Fett.

--------------------

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2014 04:43 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The clone program was discontinued after the events of Revenge Of The Sith.

The stormtroopers in 4-6 are civilian recruits.

The new cartoon Star Wars: Rebels even had an episode where one character "joins" the Empire, and is given a stormtrooper outfit, in order to get vital information for the rebellion.

Also note that Boba Fett's voice in Empire was re-dubbed by Temuera Morrison while the stormtroopers original voices remained.

Filming for VII only finished a month or two ago so most of the footage is in a raw state with no FX, etc.

This teaser is just what little usable footage they have/were able to use.

Release date is December 2015. Ample time to do re-shoots, final editing, SPFX, 3D conversion, etc.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2014 05:17 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is probably impossible to tell from what were just those few shots how good the film might be. There was still the dreaded lens flare the director is so fond of.

--------------------
VistaVision

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2014 05:40 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lens flare? Try this! [Big Grin]

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2014 07:24 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I have found this on ebay: Film Super 8 "Star Wars" The Force Awakens Trailer............

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Film-Super-8-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-/281517635189?pt=FR_JG_Photo_Camescopes_Cameras&hash=item418bc23675

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2014 07:55 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, didn't waste any time.

--------------------
VistaVision

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2014 02:12 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Save your enthusiasm for December 2015 because their are many trailers that divulge to much information.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 08, 2014 01:08 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BLOODY HELL!!!

That was a quick pirate job on that trailer!!! If those are captures from it, than that is a very good dupe!

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2014 09:34 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you decide to search for additional trailers, then it will not be worth it because

There is another trailer that is circulating, and the content within the teaser provided too many details that it practically spoiled the plot.

When the film opens in 2015, you will become very surprised about the new character development.

It's unbelievable. Danger abounds.

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2014 04:56 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, there is only ONE official teaser. Nothing else is out there.

There are however, many fake fan made episode VII trailers out there which looke VERY professional. Not to meniton a LOT of false information, most of it made up by fans guessing at events from the teaser.

As I mentioned above, the movie only finished filming recently, the teaser contains all the usuable footage that is finished.

Post production will continue right up to the last minute like nearly all big budget movies.

Besides, J.J. Abrams would NOT release a plot spoiling trailer with the actual movie still a year away.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2014 06:36 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, there were LEGO versions within a couple of days...

--------------------
VistaVision

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2014 09:33 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK.
It seemed very authentic. Lightening struck from the sky and into someone's raised right hand. A shadow of what appears to be Luke walking in the woods, that is accompanied by a voice-over asking what is thy bidding Master?

As it continues, there is Luke from Episode VI, and he's watching the corpse of Vader burning in the flames. When the sequence concludes, the viewer sees a chrome colored Vader mask which implies that Darth Vader will rise again.

I found a promotional poster with the original characters who have not aged well. Luke's wearing a brown colored Jedi hood head covering, in the shape of the Emperor's hood. Lukes facial appearance: eyes, flesh, teeth, smirk seemed to have morphed into becoming a new Emperor.

It remains to be seen until 12/2015.

--------------------
hobby that we love!

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2014 02:58 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So this at my local Videma on Thursday just before The Great Escape. Coming in December 2015

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC