8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Disney on British TV this Christmas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disney on British TV this Christmas
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 26, 2014 04:24 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
So far I have seen Pinocchio, Toy Story 3, Cinderella, 101 Dalmatians and other Disney features, all for free, on terrestrial English TV channels this Christmas. Yet I know for a fact, I will still probably spend at least a few hundred pounds next year pursuing the titles I don't already own!

Logic says we must all be mad I suppose, but though you can never fully put your finger on it, watching them as pixels just doesn't cut it somehow. That even includes the prints with the odd line here and there.

Now where is that white van and straight jacket again? Ha ha.

[ December 27, 2014, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2014 04:42 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are mad Andrew but film is much better.
I put Lady and the Tramp bluray on my big screen and got through the opening credits and turned it off and got the super8 print out, the digital versions are flat and have no life to them.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 26, 2014 05:42 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can never predict what will happen in the future. We were supposed to eat pills in the years 2000 instead of real food and the opposite happened. People (in Europe anyway) go back to the kitchens, many shops offer now cooking lessons and tv programs about making good food attract a lot of people. A few days ago, a subject on the new showed that some people wanted to give real gifts for Christmas (like physical cds) because they were not happy with dematerilization. Will that be a large movment ? Will that affect one day film ? Nobody can answer but we can just hope :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2014 11:14 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say Andrew, I prefer the old style of Disney cartoon, like 101 Dalmatians, they are somehow "quaint", slightly more magical, as for understanding the hobby for outsiders mate, I give up long ago trying to explain why we pay what we do for films, but I no more understand why anyone would pay £600.00 plus for a mobile phone ???, no one will ever justify that to me, ever. So that's makes us equal in madness doesn't it ?.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 30, 2014 04:02 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
£80 phone,"pay as you go man" me, Paul, so I get exactly where you're at with that one mate! [Wink]

A phones a phone to me, nothing more.

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 30, 2014 11:09 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a £4.99 'pay as you go' man, £80 sounds a bit lavish to me!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 31, 2014 03:29 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Even better Adrian! Have a good evening tonight and a very Happy New Year to you when the hour arrives. [Razz]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC