8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Denis Parkinson EFS RIP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Denis Parkinson EFS RIP
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2015 08:09 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its is with deep regret denis Parkinson organiser of farnworth film fair has passed away on Monday aged 78 .deepest sympathy to all his family .RIP denis
the farnworth film fair will still be going ahead in February

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 08, 2015 09:55 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Always very sad when someone who puts in tons of effort to organize events for the pleasure of others, passes away.

I didn't know the chap but my condolences to all who did and of course Dennis's family.

[ January 08, 2015, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Don Sykes
Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2015 10:21 AM      Profile for Don Sykes   Email Don Sykes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sad to hear of Dennis Parkinsons passing. Dennis had organised the Farnworth Film Fun Day since 1988 with Fairs taking place in February & October of each year. The twice yearly Film Fairs continued until 2009 by which time attendance had fallen for the Autumn event so Dennis changed to one Fair a year in February. This years Film Fun Day on February 7th will go ahead as planned and will be overseen by Dennis's son Nigel.
Condolences go to Dennis's wife & family.
Details of the Funeral arrangements will be placed here when known.

-

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2015 10:49 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just dont know what to say. so so sad. thanks for all those wonderful Farnworth film fun days Dennis. RIP

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2015 01:05 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So very sad to hear this news; I only ever met Dennis briefly at his table at the Blackpool Conventions, back when Derann used to run them, but he always stayed in my memory, being such a jolly and enthusiastic guy, both to myself and my better half, Sarah.

Isn't it funny how someone can make such a lasting and meaningful impression during just a few minutes?

My condolences to his son, whom I believe was there at Blackpool.

My sincerest sympathies to Dennis's family.

How lovely that a man can make such an memorable impression within only a few moments of knowing him.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 09, 2015 07:25 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice chap I remember meeting him in 89 at his house, rode right over the country with stacks of super 8 films strapped high and low all over the back of the bike.

He gave me a really very fair price. I`ve got a very bad memory overall but that day, getting there and meeting him still sticks in my mind !

Very Sad.

Best Mark.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 09, 2015 08:58 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry to hear this - he was quite a character and I recall buying from his stall at Blackpool on several occasions.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2015 09:52 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am very saddened indeed by this news, having dealt with Dennis for more than 30 years, both via mail order and at the Farnworth/Blackpool conventions

My sincere condolences go out to Dennis's family at this difficult time

Gary Brocklehurst
Ex Derann Film Services Ltd

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2015 09:54 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
denis funeral service will be held at trinity church farnworth
Thursday 22nd January at 1pm

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC