8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Columbus Cinevent Hotel Fire.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Columbus Cinevent Hotel Fire.
Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 09:36 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A fire has damaged the Ramada Inn in Columbus Ohio. They may have to relocate the Cinevent this year.

Should know more within the week.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 03, 2015 10:18 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve said he'll have an announcement soon enough

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 10:31 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was planning on being my first time to attend.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 04, 2015 09:08 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be dismayed, an anouncement is forthcoming soon I hear

Michael Haynes
Junior

- posted March 05, 2015 06:13 PM      Profile for Michael Haynes   Email Michael Haynes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is Michael Haynes, Steven's son. I just joined the group today (Hello!) and wanted to post an update.

I think most people have heard that the Ramada Plaza (our old hotel) has closed. Everything I've heard leads me to believe this is very likely to be a long-term, or even permanent, closure.

We've signed a contract today with the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Columbus. We still have a LOT of work to do in terms of getting ready to hold the event at this new location. As far as guest room reservations, the hotel has some work to do on their end to get that all ready. From what I understand, it will likely be Monday before they are able to have that ready for people to make reservations. As far as the dealer's rooms, we are going to be working with the hotel to draw up designs for each of those rooms and then we'll be working to assign dealers to tables in these new facilities.

I'll post in here on a regular basis to keep folks informed of where things stand. Full details will also be on our website as everything develops.

The convention committee is working extremely hard to take care of all the details in changing venues. There are many, many things to get worked out. We absolutely appreciate people bringing questions to our attention and all I can ask is for patience as we work on getting the information to answer those questions.

Thank you for your interest in Cinevent!

-Michael

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2015 08:34 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Michael,

I look forward to visiting Columbus in May.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC