8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Little Eumig mystery

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Little Eumig mystery
Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2015 10:13 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has turned up on German eBay.

http://www.ebay.de/it m/Walter-Eumig-Bau-und-Holzfeuchte-Messgerat-inkl-Batterien-Profi-Messgerat-/311024569525?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item486a824cb5

What is it? The Google translate gave me 'wet knife' leaving me none the wiser.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2015 10:21 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My translation says it measures the humidity in wood (humidity gauge/moisture meter). Probably a useful tool in the construction industry. Nothing to do with Eumig projectors....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2015 10:52 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. Eumig made other things of course including radios and hi-fi. Early on they made great tube radios.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2015 01:25 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen, I don't think this is one of the items Eumig used to manufacture other than movie-related ones: it's just a current product which is badged with the Eumig logo, which was sold at some point to someone who has the right to use it, even today.

--------------------
Maurizio

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 15, 2015 01:41 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurizio has given me an answer to the fact that they state "led light" and that the batteries supplied with the item would have been 30 years old. I had no idea the make Eumig still existed with the same logo !

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 15, 2015 02:22 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Dominique I recently saw a Bell& Howell rice cooker advertised on TV, so apparently the names and logo's of some of these now defunct iconic companies are still a useful marketing tool. [Frown]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 15, 2015 02:33 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Paul. I've just looked on the net and found the rice cooker you refered to. Following US Wikipédia, "The company now provides inserting and finishing solutions for letters and parcels, document processing, microfilmers, scanners, and financial services. The "Bell & Howell" trademark is also licensed to makers of various electronic consumer products." So, it seems that Bell and Howell never stopped to be in activity.

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 15, 2015 03:44 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the rice cooker projects a movie while its cooking the rice! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC