8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » E mail Scam again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: E mail Scam again
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2015 03:42 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got this email today take care you might get one too.

Congratulations!

This email correspondence is from Mr & Mrs Weir, Britain's richest ever lottery winners of £161million Euromillions jackpot. Your email is among the three(3) emails that have just been randomly selected by a Google-powered newsletter software operated by legally registered British freelance tech experts upon our request to receive a financial support donation of £1million payable by our affiliate payout bank as we intend to continue sharing our luck as part of celebrations to mark the 4th anniversary of our massive £161million Euromillions win.

Since winning Britain's biggest ever EuroMillions lottery jackpot, my wife and I have always used our fortune to fund a number of good causes and it has been a privilege to be in a position to provide support where we could. I understand that you might feel sceptical, considering the fact that this seems quite unbelievable, or as many will say "too good to be true", however, you can find more information in regards to some of our few notable donations here;

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18801698

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-19061986

Kindly submit Name, Address, Tel/Phone for onward forwarding to our payout bank.

Mr & Mrs Weir.

©2015 The Weirs Email Donation Project.All Rights Reserved

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2015 04:34 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get probably 5 or 6 scam mails PER DAY. They mainly go straight to my Junk folder, from whence I despatch them once I have checked that the addresser is not one of my contacts.
Sometimes, the odd one gets through to my regular Inbox.

But.... I NEVER click on a link I am not ABSOLUTELY sure of the Bona Fides of, and
If there is ANY hint that it is "too good to be true", it goes STRAIGHT IN THE BIN.

PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC