8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 'Photos To Follow'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'Photos To Follow'
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2015 04:26 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I alone in being annoyed by advertisers on EBay using this ridiculous ploy. What is the point when it is so easy to add pictures on EBay. Especially so when they state that pictures form part of the description! I can see no advantage, in fact it makes me simply ignore the listing.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 31, 2015 04:39 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No you're right Terry, makes me lose interest too, almost as though no effort has gone into the foresight required to advertise the item correctly, I agree.

However, I suppose so long as the forthcoming photo's actually arrive, then all is forgiven if you play Devils Advocate. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2015 08:52 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And what about the over-use of the word "RARE" , I see it alot and to me most are easy to get....as I say to my mate "just because the word RARE is used doesn't make it worth huge amounts of $$$$$!

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2015 03:21 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely right Clinton and also what I find annoying is the dreadful spelling and grammar. I know it's only an advert but I think some of these people would have a job writing their own name. I think I must be turning into a grumpy old man!!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 02, 2015 11:42 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this seller a member of the Forum?
It's not the way to do business.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fantastic-rare-vintage-16mm-cine-film-/371292400235?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5672c06a6b

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2015 12:30 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly the type of thing I refer to Maurice. I do not understand the logic. He regularly advertises the same weird films over and over again and asks a ridiculous price for Jane on a train. I would happily sell my copy for a fraction of what he asks. I wonder if he is a member? Perhaps he could explain.

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2015 03:36 PM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He advertises a vintage, rare film. But no title, no description of content, no year. And photos of this anonymous item will appear soon!!! Hope it's before I depart this present experience. The 16mm market seems bedevilled by silly prices and ill described items. Sadly, with no new product we are all being forced to fish in the same bucket. Fortunately some will come up with the goods but some won't. Hopefully, the dodgy advertisers will be left with their stuff unsold.

--------------------
Dave

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 02, 2015 04:43 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say, I could never be tempted by any film no matter what the title and what the price if it is advertised in this type of evasive, sketchy manner.I won't buy any feature without at least seeing some random screenshots from it. No guarantee I know, but at least it raises your odds greatly against probable disappointment otherwise.

Film can be so very different from one print to another, you really do have to be careful you are not simply buying a box of tomorrows landfill.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC