8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » EFR!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EFR!!
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 10, 2015 09:58 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I was making my way out of the office this afternoon. As I walked by the receptionist's desk I saw an integral reflector lamp sitting on a cart. I thought "Oh...they're servicing track lighting somewhere..."

I got a look at it:

"15V 150W EFR OSRAM" (!)

Since I really doubt the US Department of Energy has a fleet of Elmo ST-1200s, some piece of equipment in common, everyday use is using something we also need.

-That's never a bad thing!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2015 06:10 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Steve,

we'll be sure to add that to our "somethinna think about!" pales n thanks for the heads up. I recently found out that, apparently, you can have xenon lamps custom built so as to enhance the 3d effect of projected celluloid, sans the HD TV 3d glasses [Smile] ... Who knew [Big Grin] !?!

Cheers,
Elyas

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 11, 2015 06:42 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, Steve. I'm not surprised. Some years ago, as I was looking for real ESC bulbs for the GS1200, I found that a company had them for servicing light fixtures of dentists' chairs. I jumped on this opportunity to restock!

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 11, 2015 01:52 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean, did they cost less, because what they were used for, changed?

I've found that to be the case, as, occasionally, I find projector bulbs in electronics stores, but for other use, and the price are half or more than half LESS than what they were being sold for, for projectors!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 11, 2015 04:22 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, they didn't cost less.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 12, 2015 04:55 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I find projector bulbs in electronics stores, but for other use, and the price are half or more than half LESS than what they were being sold for, for projectors!
Osi, that is impossible if you buy the bulb of the same brand and type unless you buy from a crook seller.

It is big HOWEVER if you buy different brand because some small companies are indeed making EFR/EFP bulbs for disco lighting uses for cheap price, $4 each. However if you use this on projector you will notice some yellowish on the screen due to not-so-right temperature.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2015 05:37 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know my dentist's lamp used to use A1/231 12v 100w lamps - I'm sure it has been replaced by one that uses LEDs now.
I've stocked up (10-12) from electrical wholesalers Lyco at a reasonable price. It's not worth buying 1 or 2 due to postage, but put in with another order for a club I belong to they came carriage free.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 12, 2015 06:04 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I've started buying on the internet I'm seeing common (EFP, EFR) lamps at about 25% of what they used to cost me in camera stores back when that was the only choice.

-that has to be good news for us. It has to mean somebody other than us few is using a great many of them and keeping the unit cost down.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 12, 2015 09:13 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

This is one of the thing I mentioned:

http://eshop.steinigke.de//index.php?cl=details&anid=ARTI_8828 6005&mfLogSearch=1&listtype=search&searchparam=EFR

Not good for projector!!

quote:
-that has to be good news for us. It has to mean somebody other than us few is using a great many of them and keeping the unit cost down.
Steve, the bad news is that the world now start using LED, that include the dentist and disco scene too... [Frown]

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC