8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Carrys On`s, on Blu Ray ????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Carrys On`s, on Blu Ray ????
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 14, 2015 03:05 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there are a few Carry Ons no9w on Blu Ray, anyone seen any of them etc etc.

Thanks Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2015 05:05 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Mark,

Go and get yourself Carry On Screaming and Carry on Cowboy the quality is outstanding and restoration is top notch. You also get a few bonuses thrown in for good measure.

All have been mastered By Studio Canal + which was originally based at Pinewood Studios with it's 1080p transfer the picture is the best I've seen so far apart from 35mm prints of course [Wink]

I remember having a 16mm US print of Screaming with the US title which was just called Screaming i recall.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2015 05:41 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have Carry On Nurse on VHS...the quality is dreadful but I found the film amusing. I wonder if that one is available?

Bill [Smile]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 14, 2015 05:54 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Robert, sound very nice. I know some of the DVDs are pretty good Bill, but you can`t beat a good Blu Ray thats done right.

The few done already are just a bit pricey though, daft as if £9.99 they`d sell loads !!!

Best Mark.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2015 11:57 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got "Screaming" which is brilliant, there are 3 more on Blu-ray now, all the early Anglo-Amalgamated releases none of the later Rank releases, as yet, I would imagine these would be released (If at all!) in the U.K. through ITV digital, I hope they do as I'd love to have "Don't Loose Your Head" in Blu-ray.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 15, 2015 04:59 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched half of Cleo last night on Youtube HD, probably from the BR, although the audio kept going for short whiles here and there the picture was amazing. So the Blu Ray must be nuts.

The older I get the more and more I appreciate these films, the timing and everything.

Amazing that there were barely ever any 2nd takes with budget restraints.

I like many I suppose think these are little gems.

But I do think Blu Ray companies are missing a trick not getting them down to sub £10 and even £6 £8 etc, the hammers for instance they would probably sell 100 compared to the odd few at £15 odd. And there are loads of other classic ones way to high these days.

They BR Carry Ons are on at the Hut at £10.75 by the way, so a bit tempting !!!

Also the L+H DVD 21 box set is back on amazon at £38 odd delivered. They project just like film and are brillinat.

Best Mark.

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2015 01:19 PM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favourite "Carry On's" were certainly the earlier ones - "Sergeant" especially, (I had a great original print 16mm of that courtesy of Derek Sutton). 8mm wise, Tony Powell's...4 X 400 version of "Cleo" on hire in the late 70's from Derann...was pretty good on my Eumig at the time....and a lot of my pals enjoyed watching it! Great days.
I must say Mark - the Epsom v/j you sold me is excellent and my 15 year old son sends his regards as we watched the directors cut of "Blade Runner" last Saturday 10ft wide...Cheers! [Wink]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 15, 2015 02:18 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark, thats the Walton 4 x 400 Cleo, its out there on OKish Fuji and very nice Agfa, both acetate, if a person bides their time.

But will be the BR for us I`m afraid. Could fancy the 400 though if nice.

Glad you all are enjoying the PJ Mark, its a little cracker that one. Can`t beat a 10 feet wide pin sharp picture, also better sat closer than cine.

Best Mark.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 16, 2015 06:56 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in a local shop last Saturday and saw the entire carry on box set on DVD with "restored " pictures with a shed load of extras all for just £22.00.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC