8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Mountain Films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mountain Films
Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2015 01:35 PM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mountain films was my first introduction to 8mm package home movies..back in 1972/73...check the link below to see a view of the Mountain Home movie catalogue of the time. I remember this one well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5REqcqtYREo [Smile]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

|  IP: Logged

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2015 03:46 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had that catalogue. The editing was sometimes a little poor though. Miss them though.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 30, 2015 03:50 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I only bought 200ft Mountain prints in the 70's such as "Big Dipper" and a "Paragliding" short etc etc, but to me, the print quality was never up to that of the Walton or W.D H.M. prints etc.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2015 03:53 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bought a few features, but like you say quality was not their stong point. I wonder if the Fox & Columbia were poorer too.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2015 04:03 PM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys...but to me the memories come flooding back with catalogues...I spent 3 years with just the exchange and mart for company...and a chad valley crank a film show p/j with 25ft cassettes (filmloops)...loved it though. Then got the mountain catalogues - very glossy as I remember. Then it all changed in Xmas 76...got the Baby Gioca...I KNOW...and through a lot of chat to my friend Derek S...he eventually forgave me for hiring stuff and pushing it through the Gioca (sewing machine)..still good days...great days. I still stay in touch with Adrian and Ged... great memories. [Smile]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 30, 2015 04:35 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is the catalog I've been waiting to see - Now, can you list all the extant RKO cut-downs of Clark & McCullough, Edgar Kennedy and Leon Errol, for me? I collect those, there weren't many released, and I would enjoy having a copy on that catalog or at least find another - The box-art about rivals CASTLE in some regards - Cheers from Shorty

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2015 04:53 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, I have that catalogue. Send me your email address and I'll send you scans.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC