8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Banned By eBay Seller

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Banned By eBay Seller
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 12, 2015 05:54 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An eBay seller has just told me that I am on his banned list. Although he won't sell to me via eBay, he is quite happy to receive an email order with a subsequent PayPal payment OR if I send him an order by post enclosing a postal order.

I have used this seller to buy "Buy It Now" Super 8 films for a few years. His films were always in superb condition, in original boxes and were quite fairly priced.

I always gave him good feedback, and paid immediately via PayPal. I have been with PayPal for quite a few years and have a good working arrangement with them. They pay immediately to sellers without waiting for a debit from my bank account.

So, this morning, I clicked on a "Buy It Now" item from this seller. I was surprised when a red printed warning enclosed within a red square told me that the seller could not sell to me at the present time, but invited me to try again later.

As a phone number was quoted (I have chatted with him on many occasions) I got in touch and asked if there were problems with his site. After asking me for my eBay I.D. he informed me that I was on his banned list.

He refused to say why this was so, and after repeated requests that he re-instate me as there was obviously a mistake, he refused to do so. So, the conversation terminated.

I honestly cannot see any reason for his action.

The seller is "philsmininsandcollectables".

Have any fellow members who use eBay been similarly treated by any seller?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2015 07:11 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil sells these on his site ... you sure you want his film ?

FLANNEL SILICONE MOVIE FILM CLEANING CLOTH (10"x10", Yellow)- Cloth made for cleaning guns is also ideal for polishing and lubricating your 8mm and 16mm films. Safe and ideal for use on magnetic sound tracks. A lubricated sound track will cause less wear on the sound head. Combination of silicone, lubricants and corrosion inhibitors acts like a magnet to dust and leaves a lasting, lustrous finish on the film. If a film cleaner is used, allow it to completely evaporate before polishing with the cloth. 100 square inches - $6

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2015 07:24 AM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roy I think Maurice means a different 'Phil'
Maurice I always thought his prices were on the high side, example 'Brer Rabbit & the Tar Baby' 200ft sound £29.99 + £3.00 p&p...
'I Don’t Want to Belong to Any Club That Will Accept Me as a Member'

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2015 08:23 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my mistake !

I searched on ' philsmininsandcollectables ' which has an extra n so there was no match but I changed the search slightly and phils site came up and I saw those posted

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 12, 2015 08:33 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roy was kind enough to send me an interesting P.M. but unfortunately he did not have the seller to whom I refer who is in Nottingham, here in the U.K.
Here is an example of one of his listings.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/i tm/Walton-Std-8mm-film-Harold-Lloyd-in-Assailing-The-Sultan-200ft-Silent-/131500043819?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e9e036e2b

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2015 09:25 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having dealt with Maurice before I know him to be an honest and straightforward buyer and an extremely knowledgable member of this Forum. For him to be treated like this for no reason, and what is worse, to be given no explanation of being banned, is in my opinion inexcusable. For my part I will respond by not ever dealing with this person and I will furthermore add him to MY banned list. I hope that should he ever attempt to buy from me, I am given the opportunity to tell him why. Some members may think this action is somewhat strong, but I consider Maurice a great guy and a friend.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 12, 2015 09:35 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having read the replies I realise that an extra letter crept into my spelling of the eBay seller. The correct name is:
"philsminisandcollectables"
Sorry.

--------------------
Maurice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 12, 2015 02:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
There are plenty of odd characters selling cine stuff on e bay here in the UK.
Some very decent ones also,I hasten to add, but nevertheless some very odd ones indeed also It has to said.

Your experience Maurice, including no reasonable or even unreasonable explanation for their refusal to sell to you, sadly does not surprise me one bit.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC