8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Your today in pictures.. (Page 16)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  42  43  44 

Author Topic: Your today in pictures..
Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2016 06:04 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
50°C is pretty hot for developing, I'm surprised it didn't bring out more grain. That's usually what happens when you change the temperature during development. Unless you kept it at 50°C for every step.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2016 07:44 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The small size of forum pics hides a lot of flaws. [Smile]

There is plenty of grain in larger versions and if you zoom in at all, the poor women are covered in tiny black splotches like they have some sort of skin disease.

Live and learn.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 03, 2016 09:43 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Steve that kind of thing reminds me of the Indian janitor in the movie "The Terminal" who would set things up so folk would go flying.. just for his entertainment [Big Grin] ..good movie..
 -
Today it was painting...I had just finished replacing our old picket fence a few months ago, so it was now the "paint job". Yvonne always liked a white picket fence and as the old one was well and truly had it, it was time for a new one....she has now got her wish [Smile]
 -

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 03, 2016 09:52 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please don't remind me!

-every time I look at the back fence, I quickly switch to the front window instead! [Big Grin]

Looks like the teeth of someone who ate a LOT of candy growing up!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 04, 2016 01:26 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is kind of a rare ”My day in pictures” because I’m actually in the picture. For a guy who loves cameras, I’m a little bit of a hypocrite: I hate being in the picture!

-

I’ve made it a rule of life to get a haircut the week of CineSea to avoid pictures like this: seems I’m due!

-but an opportunity popped up. A friend of mine texted me Sunday morning “Do you want to go canoeing this afternoon?”. Now, Sunday was not your prime canoeing day: it was gray and temperamental looking, just the kind of day to get a canoe trip and a cold shower all at once.

-but he got a brand new boat and was itching to try it out, and I’ve been kind of canoe-lazy these last few months. Besides, I finally got a set of roof racks for my car: wouldn’t even need to commandeer my wife’s minivan!

-Why not!

So even without any watts and wires running all over the place, this is me in my element (actually, water is a compound…but you get the idea!). It’s not fast, and it’s not loud, just peaceful and smooth: nothing to do if you’re in a hurry.

-

Wondrous thing: Like this you can drive with your sunroof open in a pouring rain and not take on a single drop!

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 06, 2016 01:58 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bought my first "Pink Vinyl" record [Cool] last weekend, as its Henry Mancini 1963 soundtrack to "The Pink Panther". It was a must buy.. [Big Grin] ...the soundtrack is excellent "one of the best" I have heard.
 -
Its well worth getting folks...
 -

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2016 10:28 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, records! Don't you just love 'em?

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2016 08:59 AM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I botched my first attempt at developing B&W film in 35 years, but round 2 went better. These "Urban Art" pictures are from a couple of days ago. Going to try some color soon (good timing, leaves are changing) and eventually... Super 8.

The building where I work was originally a car barn for Minneapolis street cars. The first street cars were pulled by horses and mules. A cable system was going to be built but it never happened, as electric cars became more practical. The steam turbines used generate electricity needed water and what you're looking at in the first picture is a backwater from the Mississippi river. The tunnel in the 3rd picture (facing the opposite direction from the first) fed the water to my building a few blocks way.

-

-

-

-

[ October 07, 2016, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Tom Spielman ]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 07, 2016 09:03 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!

--------------------

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2016 09:29 AM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I'm pretty happy with them.

The nice thing about using archaic technology is that it can be had for a song. No one wants film cameras. The camera was $25 and the really nice 50mm f/1.4 lens I got for free with a broken camera that someone was giving away. Still trying to fix that camera.

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2016 10:09 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pictures. 'Archaic' technology? That word bothers me. How about 'alternative' technology?

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2016 11:01 AM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alternative is fine with me. [Wink]

FWIW, I didn't mean film so much as the camera and lenses. These were taken with a pre-auto focus Canon and an FD lens. Once Canon came out with their EOS line of cameras with EF lenses (still film at that point), suddenly all this fantastic glass was made obsolete, - and affordable to mere mortals.

The camera is a Canon T70 which has neither the look nor construction of a classic SLR. It also lacks the features of newer film SLRs. "Archaic" might be a bit harsh but I think "obsolete" is fair. At any rate, it works for me.

I do have an EOS film camera too. It's nice and light but it's got a so-so lens and good modern lenses are pricey.

[ October 07, 2016, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Tom Spielman ]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 07, 2016 03:45 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They look good Tom [Smile] The crowd I am in with at the Historical Park are right into developing film from different formats, also with amazing results. Some of the cameras these guys are given from the past and because no one else is interested in them are really something. Pity you did not live closer you would be right in your element at that place [Smile]

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2016 05:18 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Graham. I've been enjoying myself and could see moving on to other formats like 120mm but the equipment starts to get more expensive. The results would be fantastic though.

My teenagers have been enjoying it too so I can use the educational value as reason to spend a bit of money on chemicals and such. Not sure that it will be a long term hobby but I'm learning how to take better pictures in the process, - things that I can also apply in the digital world.

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 11:19 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Playing in Garden with my Danes [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 09, 2016 01:08 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, Will!

--------------------

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 01:13 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cracked it [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 09, 2016 05:31 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeahhhh.....
-the first time is kind of an achievement, the second kind of a chore, you get up into the hundreds it's second nature!

My first couple I gave up and mailed 'em to Doug!

--------------------

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 06:29 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pic, except for the ladder - I'm terrified of heights!

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2016 09:48 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try to upload some fun pics from time to time of neat happenings in our backyard [Smile]
Here was a good birdfight i was watching earlier....not sure who won..there was more than enough but you can't tell them that...similar to us humans! [Smile]
 -

In circumstances such as this, it is best just to ride it out and wait for a turn....
 -

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2016 12:38 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Michael needed some roof repairs doing but i can assure you it wasnt me up there [Smile] i wont even go up throught the exit hatch in top floor [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 10, 2016 01:15 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a really interesting house.

What's the history of it? It looks like there is a story going on there.

Our house was built in 1956, we are the second owners, apparently the plumbing hates me...and it's mutual!

(-Not much of a story!)

--------------------

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2016 01:58 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve i will do a post in general yak about it with a link the history is amazing including deals with the devil [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 12, 2016 04:18 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday, I visited an exhibition in Paris (at la Cinémathèque) called (I translate) From Mélies to 3D. As it took me some time to post the pictures (in another thread) of the private museum I visited on Saturday, I'm posting these pictures a little bit late.

-

It is NOT 9.5 although there is a central perforation. It's 15 mm.

-

This is the 15 mm machine.

-

Early sound system.

-

A scopitone machine, using 16 mm magnetic sound films.

-

Talking about 16 mm sound, here is a magnetic camera.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 13, 2016 02:29 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

9.5 is also there of course.

-

The first Pathé Baby projector ever made.

-

I wonder how many films from this poster have survived.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  42  43  44 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC