8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Your today in pictures.. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  42  43  44 

Author Topic: Your today in pictures..
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 30, 2015 10:32 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well.. I did finish building our decking with staining yesterday. [Cool] on and off from scratch it took around three months for me to build it. [Smile]
 -

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 30, 2015 11:07 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunnyvale Sunset...

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 01, 2015 03:50 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got round to transferring some of my own home movies to ProRes including the out-takes from 'Cinema in Miniature'..
 -
Above you can see a print of 'Star Wars' being recorded on American dub machines at Derann. The yellow sticker was the date the audio head was fitted so it will have seen 2 years use then.

Also Blackpool.
 -

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 01, 2015 07:51 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackpool seems to have a certain Wildwoodishness to it!

Coincidence?!....(probably!)

Lee, I had no idea Cinema in Miniature was made as late as 1992!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 01, 2015 09:04 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started filming it late 1990 after Cinema of our Time Steve and seem to remember Miniature hit the shelves at 92 start. Even I'm confused now! [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 01, 2015 06:32 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have guessed late 1970s, maybe 1980s, but then again there is a timeless quality to what we do so it's easy to be deceived!

-The difference between my own film activity between the late 1970s and today is the equipment and films became much better and my left knee hurts!

I'd love to see the outtakes. Do you plan on posting them anywhere?

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 02, 2015 07:21 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Having now at long last commissioned the HD transfer project of my own home movies I do intend to set up a cross section for viewing. I was hoping to do this some time ago but my small media business keeps me very busy, the project is now underway so yes some films will eventually be available for viewing. [Cool]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 02, 2015 09:02 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I look forward to it!

Well, it's a soggy, gusty, temperamental day out here in Eastern Long Island

-

It was hard to hold the phone still in the gusts, and I had to crop out my umbrella!

There's a hurricane off the coast. It may or may not be here on Sunday.

It makes me think! I'm thinking about the ice I have in my freezer and the tree I wanted to cut down last summer, yet never got around to. ("JUNE! , I'll do it in June!...OK, well then JULY!...").

There's a ritual at times like these. You need to buy milk! Your roof may wind up a block away, but at least you'll have milk!

-and Batteries!

If you'll excuse me now, I think I'll go to the gas station and top off my tank. The last time one of these hit it took a week before it was easy to buy gas again.

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 02, 2015 08:53 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Took this photo today down at the boat sheds...anyone for canoe ride up the river? [Smile]
 -

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 02, 2015 09:13 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're speaking my language, Graham!

(-or at least one of the major dialects!)

-

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 03, 2015 02:40 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good photo Steve [Smile] ...that's what life is about.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 04, 2015 12:17 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's our local theater.

-It's maybe 5 years old. Unlike the one they bulldozed to make a new home-improvement center, It's never seen even an inch of 35mm film.

-

We went to see The Martian tonight. It's a great movie: Kind of Castaway plus Apollo 13 minus Tom Hanks plus just a dash of 2001, a Space Odyssey.

I already want the silver disk, but I'll have to admit it can't be the same other than on the big screen. So if you are a space-movie junkie like me, now is the time!

-according to the trailers, Ron Howard is doing Moby Dick. (It's going to be a lot louder than I remember the book being!)

Graham, canoeing is wonderful because it is small and simple and peaceful. It gives a lot without asking a lot. (That's pretty rare these days!)

PS: There is storm news. We'll save that for tomorrow night.

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 04, 2015 05:12 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks very well lit up at night.

Went to Dudley also called at the old Hippodrome Theatre where so many great stars had appeared in years past. Knowing the popular link with Star Wars and Derann you could not have predicted a storm trooper walked past the front of the building as I was taking this picture! This is a genuine picture by the way we were amazed.
 -
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 04, 2015 05:42 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant capture Lee! Especially given its location [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 04, 2015 07:37 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee?

the next time you are there please drop by 99 High Street and make that your today in pictures? Internet scuttlebutt suggests they are redeveloping the site, but how much can I see from over here?

(They should at least put a historic marker there...but you know...)

Given the synthetic projection at the Regal I was pretty sure all that lighting would be LED, but sure enough: it's real Neon! (Kudos!)

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 04, 2015 10:04 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get on Steve, sunset in mallorca last year [Big Grin]
Seriously, i'll put me cine stuff next. [Wink]
 -
& yes i did take this one

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 04, 2015 03:23 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, today was supposed to be THE day, but like most of our big storms Hurricane Joaquin veered well to the East and will not only miss us, but all of New England and the Canadian Maritimes as well. Today dawned kind of nasty looking but became one those great, sunny October days that makes this about my favorite time of year.

-not without incident, though.

-

When I got home on Friday I found a pretty substantial limb had broken off and fallen on the garage roof. When it tumbled off:

-

Fortunately this was not the tree I wanted to cut down last summer. I may need a new gutter on my garage, but at least my conscience isn't damaged!

Could have been worse: could have been a bigger branch or the whole tree! The shingles and sub-roof are untouched, and it missed our camper by literally inches!

I'll get some firewood out of it!

-and at least we have milk!

--------------------

Bill Parsons
Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2015 05:34 AM      Profile for Bill Parsons   Email Bill Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My workshop this morning before starting work, I really must tidy the place up.

-

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 05, 2015 05:52 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
A Wonderful emporium you have there.

Many pieces of technical works of art are restored to their former glory here via Bills magical hands!
[Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 05, 2015 06:43 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Smashing to see the shop Bill and may I say what a smashing job you did on a couple of my projectors with thanks.

Steve re 99 High St. Did film all round it a bit ago to archive a record and will be working nearby in a few weeks time so will pay another call. Bit sad looking at the building which holds lots of memories great for us.

A snap from this years photo archive. After riding 2 wheels for nearly 40 years all over the country on a 2-stroke Vespa I hung up my white wall tyres, but I will say the UK scooter scene is still vibrant and a good way to stay young at least in mind even if the old body is giving in a bit. Made hundreds of friends over the years and some wonderful rides out and about...

A picture of the old Vespa leaving home.
 -
If that had been me buying it I would have ridden it home never mind the van. [Frown]

[ October 07, 2015, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 05, 2015 10:07 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Repairing the cracked plastic sprocket hub on my Eumig 824D:

-

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 05, 2015 02:17 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love your workshop pic Bill. Nice work!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 05, 2015 02:26 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no Paul not another. After mine went I loosened the nut and fed some glue onto the shaft of all my 800 range machines just in case. Closed the job by only just finger tightening the secure nut.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 05, 2015 02:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill's shop is nice. -plenty of working surface and the best light in the world to work under: daylight. It's always nicer to work in a room with a big window than down in a basement or some interior room.

-and the picture is much better because it wasn't tidied up first! (Gives it character!)

I'm kind of happy there isn't anything worthy of a picture here today.

It's possible for life to be a little TOO interesting some times!

(Let's see about what we can do with next weekend!)

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 06, 2015 05:17 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After fixing the sprocket on the Eumig 824D, I decided to take a look at some 50 year old Stamdard 8mm movies from my youth in Wales. Boy, that sure brought the memories back! Left me feeling quite nostalgic for Wales and old friends.
Anyway, I projected through my Ektar F1.0 prime lens, and the old Kodachrome 2 looks wonderful, not faded a bit and still as sharp as a tack. I also had some shots taken with Geavart Color film, and that has all turned pink, but still viewable.
All the films were nicely edited and spliced on 400ft reels in labelled cans. So much better than the video archiving that I do these days, and that I very much doubt will be available for my heirs to view, whereas my Kodachromes will be there for another 100 years or more along with my Bolex 18-5 projector.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  42  43  44 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC