8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Your today in pictures.. (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  42  43  44 

Author Topic: Your today in pictures..
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 10, 2017 12:23 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well...Daylight Savings Time begins in two days, but Winter doesn't seem quite ready to give up just yet!

-

-

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2017 02:03 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now wait a minute...I just saw some nice B&W pictures from Evan....and now they're gone....what happened?

Was I just seeing things?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 10, 2017 02:10 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill,

Small tech issue.....those great pics will be right back. And yes, you were seeing things.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2017 02:16 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And they're back!

My Recent Excursion! 1 out of 2 rolls developed so far (in my bathroom)
...Perhaps some more in the coming week!
(Shot on Kodak TMY-400 through Rolleiflex 2.8F)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2017 02:43 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There we go....that was very strange...I started to question if I actually saw those pics or not! I'm glad they are real!!!

I really like the last picture of the projector....nice composition and use of background, and of course subject too! [Smile]

[ March 10, 2017, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Bill Phelps ]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 10, 2017 03:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-at least it stopped!

This will make the drive home much less...exciting!

Still...not one of your red-letter days for solar power!

-

--------------------

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2017 04:24 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those are beautiful Evan. Have you tried Caffenol as a developer yet? I've been really tempted.

Steve, those are beautiful pictures too. At this time of year I love the look of snow covered landscapes... somewhere other than where I live. [Wink]

We were supposed to get a foot of snow a couple of weeks ago but it went just South, - right on top of a ski area that my friend works at about 45 minutes away. They were ecstatic. That snow has managed to hang on through some warm weather. Now it's cold again for at least a few days. May get my last runs in for the season on Sunday. They don't expect to be open much longer than that.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 10, 2017 10:53 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's sad about it is my job tends to award snow days pretty easily. You can't half blame them: they have a 2500 acre campus with many miles of roads and sidewalks and acres of parking lots to clear, plus there is at least a mile of woods on all sides before you find civilization as we know it. It would be a nightmare if we were all there and got stranded by a blizzard! ("OK, the candy machine in building 743 is still full. We're out of change now, but If you can find a fire axe...")

So we sit there on a Thursday night when a big storm is headed our way:

"-C'monnnn three day day weekend!"

-like we're in the fourth grade!

Yet that call never came!

(-Shame! I was gonna build a snowman!)

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 10, 2017 11:02 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant photos Steve and Evan [Cool]

Evan those b/w prints look stunning [Cool]

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2017 08:23 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Bill, Tom & Graham!

Tom, as a matter of fact, I have! I found the results amazing! I should mix up a batch again soon! Here are some examples from shots through My RZ67

-

-

-

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 11, 2017 08:37 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evan your photos are gorgeous! Great work!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 11, 2017 11:09 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can Evan and Steve's pictures look so incredible when reduced to the dismal 550 pixel width required for posting here?

And, Evan's amazing black and white pics show us exactly why so many of the greatest films were shot in B&W. Unfortunately most of today's generation has no interest in watching them.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 11, 2017 11:31 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Thanks, but what makes it worse is mine were shot with a cell phone.

-at least Evan has the basic decency to use a real camera!

We live in strange times. Please consider these sentences:

"Where's my phone? I need to take a picture."

This is utter nonsense! Telephones are large plastic objects wired into the wall that you use to order pizza! You do NOT take pictures with them!

Seriously though: the 550 pixel width can be worked around. I try to format my pictures vertically as much as possible. A 'scope formatted picture would be deadly here, but you can go tall!

I was messing around with my Minolta XL-401 the other day. Maybe it's time to get back to a real camera and reserve the phone for pizza, at least for a while.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 12, 2017 02:25 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, how is your cat enjoying the cold snowy weather up there? My bet is that it is curled up as close to that ST1200 that it can get, and hoping you will warm it up by running a feature length film!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 12, 2017 07:57 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To them a blizzard is just something different to look at out the window! They have the luxury of not only being covered in fur, but never having to go outside!

If you can look past being neutered and not living past your teens, it's not a bad lot in life!

--------------------

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2017 08:22 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I might be put off a bit by the head gear.

-

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 12, 2017 08:43 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These things need to be put in some kind of perspective!

-as a house cat he might get bread shoved over his face or be adorned with clip on reindeer antlers every December.

-then again as a husband I sometimes get stuffed into a suit and dragged to some stranger's wedding reception. (-NOT my happy place!)

Each in our own way, we earn our keep!

--------------------

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2017 08:54 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose we all have our crosses to bear. [Smile]

I did learn something new about the forum tonight. When I tried to download that photo in the traditional way (in order to repost it here), I instead got an entirely different image that questioned my motives and called me a name. [Big Grin]

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2017 05:07 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Janice!

Paul, most of my pictures are loaded to my flickr account. Flickr will allow you to download a file at the 500 mark- and they maintain a nice size/quality.

--------------------

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2017 05:20 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back from working on the cleanup at the Standing Rock protest camps in North Dakota. This is a shot of one of the many sweat lodges that were used there. This one was at the Sacred Stone camp. I shot it with a 1935 Leica IIIa with a Leitz Elmar 5cm f/3.5 lens. The film is Ilford Delta 100 developed in Caffenol C-H (rs)

-

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2017 05:40 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful Bryan.

Makes me really excited to try Caffenol. I have some B&W film ready to develop but fear is holding me back. I have some traditional developer mixed but it's been sitting for a few months already so if I don't use it soon, I may not have any choice. [Smile]

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2017 05:48 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, once you try Caffenol you may never go back, nothing to be afraid of, just follow the directions. You could also try my Beerenol recipe:

Beer (cheap Lager, I have used Rainier, Bud, Pabst and Fosters) - 12oz
Sodium Carbonate (Arm & Hammer Washing Soda) - 2.75 Tsp
Ascorbic Acid Powder (Vitamin C) - 1.25 Tsp
Salt (Morton's Iodized Table Salt) - 1/4 Tsp

Developed at 20 degrees C for 20 minutes. Agitate first 30 seconds then 15 seconds every minute. Due to the very thin nature of this film I only fixed for about 20 seconds. Double the recipe for 120 film.

Warning - Add the Ascorbic Acid after the Sodium Carbonate to avoid a foam explosion.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 16, 2017 01:21 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's looking like the Winter storms are behind us in Sunnyvale. On one side of my yard is a blossoming peach tree...

-

AND... on the other side I'm getting a new fence built after the old one blew down in January.

...and no...I'm not building the fence myself [Smile]

-

Finished Fence [Smile]

-

[ March 16, 2017, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2017 02:01 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All looks very nice Janice, though you no longer have easy access to your neighbor's pool. [Smile]

Not much blossoming here. March is truly the ugliest month of the year in this part of the world. Everything is brown until April. The occasional snowstorm might cover things up briefly but it's usually gone before long.

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2017 02:45 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Janice, it looks like you are in good company once again!!!
The windstorm we had last week left me with a similar job as what you have.
Unfortunately, it is still early here...3 days after this picture we had a big blizzard, so i am not doing much anytime soon it seems [Smile]
 -

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

All times are Central
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  42  43  44 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC