8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Your today in pictures.. (Page 41)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44 

Author Topic: Your today in pictures..
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 31, 2019 08:20 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice display Graham.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 01, 2019 02:50 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Janice [Smile]

I have just finished fixing up the last Eumig projector today.

I seem to have landed up with a few Eumig projectors, that nobody wants, so I thought I would get them up and running again. Apart from adjusting the motor drive to disc and fixing a broken sprocket in another, they are now all running fine. I also removed/cleaned and inspected the soundheads for wear, they all look fine and with a test sound film running through all of them, there is plenty of clear volume.

The Eumig are the Mark S 802 early model.

Eumig Mark S 802 the later one, that I finished today with a quick re-paint on the rear cover.

Eumig Mark S 810 D Lux great for standard 8mm sound.

And lastly Steven old Mark 820 Sonomatic , that had problem with the top sprocket which is now fixed.

I was thinking that I might run all the projectors at once, allocating a part of the screen for each...that might be fun. If I do I should video it. [Smile]

The rear cover was getting really rough hence the paint job..
 -
 -
 -

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 01, 2019 10:31 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Graham! These little Eumig 800's are great projectors, rugged as tanks, and are ideal for a small home show. The 900's have much better sound and the stereo 938 and 940's have the 150 watt lamp and 800ft capacity, but IMO the build quality is not as good as the robust 800's. Looking forward to your Cinerama demo! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 02, 2019 09:39 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am thinking about that Paul [Roll Eyes] [Smile]

It might not be Cinerama but running some suitable films that makes sense on the screen is on the cards [Smile]

I took this group photo today [Big Grin]
 -
All in working condition...
 -

PS. I just had an idea [Eek!] why don't all those attending "CineSea" shoot one roll of Super8 film each, then at your next event have a line up of projectors and screen it all at the same time, with each projector having its own part on the screen, a multi for three and a half minutes, it might even be some kind of record [Big Grin]

For those who have time here is my only Standard 8 sound film, but its a good one Petula Clark...."Downtown"

https://youtu.be/DyhmcyD7cGA

[ April 04, 2019, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Graham Ritchie ]

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2019 10:10 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool photos Graham!
I have the 810, 824 and the 624. I also use the spoke spool/reel on my Bolex M8 as a take up. [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 03, 2019 11:40 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit Bill I was never a fan of Eumig projectors I went from a Bolex SM8 to ST1200.

However after working on them of late, I have got to like the Eumig and considering there age they still run well. In NZ I think it would be fare to say that Eumig, were the biggest seller of Super 8 projectors, everybody that was into Super8 seemed to have one at the time. [Smile]

Not to forget Bolex, here is a photo of some more, apart from the SM8 at the top, the rest run fine. One M8 I converted to a 24 volt 250watt lamp and replaced the motor speed control, to a electronic one, as the original had fallen apart years ago.

Its been fun bringing some of this stuff back to life

-
 -
 -
 -

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2019 06:47 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again nice pics. I use my 810 for standard & sound and my M8 for standard 8 silent. For super 8 I use Elmo. It looks like you have quite a nice projector collection.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 04, 2019 07:12 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You gotta love those Eumig wire spools! [Smile]
The M8's are gorgeous looking machines, the epitome of Bolex quality.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 04, 2019 09:53 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill here are some old ads that I have, one being the Eumig 810 the other the M8 [Smile]
 -
 -
 -

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 06, 2019 08:18 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After heavy rain on the West Coast here in the South Island washed away the only bridge, this chap is keeping the traffic going by using his 38 ton dump truck [Cool]

For a fee of $100 per car plus $20 a passenger with three in the cab you can continue your journey. [Big Grin]

Good on him for helping out until the bridge is repaired [Cool]
 -
He is doing 30 cars a day plus 100 passengers across the river..
 -

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2019 08:20 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow that’s crazy! Thanks for posting the ads. Those are really nice. I have only had the Eumig projectors for a couple years but I like them a lot. Smooth runners and well built. The Bolex is always a conversation piece. Everybody always loves it...even non film folks. [Smile]

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2019 10:20 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NICE Pictures! They all look good! Keep them coming!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 08, 2019 01:02 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful Eumig pictures Graham and very well done with the resto work. This thread was started with a Eumig as well!

Went to Stockport PLaza Super Cinema UK to see Stan & Ollie for the 4th time. We were also treated to Be Big and two mini concerts of the Compton Theatre organ. A wonderful evening with fellow 8mm collectors.

-

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 11, 2019 02:12 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Steve in particular will like this [Smile]

Getting away from all this projector stuff I took the video camera along with me and took some of this [Wink]

I got up in the morning and to be honest was trying to find an excuse not to do it...its going to rain?..nope...its to windy?...nope...go to the mall and have a cuppa?....nope

Well the little voice in my head concluded [Roll Eyes] don't be lazy and get going [Big Grin] so I did..

https://youtu.be/vnCixnOZ_W8

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 12, 2019 01:50 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Son giving a film show in the early 90's with a Eumig obviously.

-

Been working on the digital touch up to the 2K scans of Cinema In Miniature and others all looking rather splendid now but time consuming. Here we see Arthur at Perrys operating the film printer. A true gentleman.

-

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 15, 2019 06:34 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the video, Graham!

-as much as anything because how much the scenery there reminds me of the scenery here. We are a lot of forests and sea coasts too. If you said it was taken here, I'd only wonder where.

I've been going old school as a bike project (Imagine a film collector doing that?). I have what used to be called an "English Racer" here. My parents gave it to me when I was 16. About 10 years ago the chain started to skip because the gear cluster was so worn, so I put it out to pasture (the garage...). Last summer I got it out and replaced the cluster, and then the tires and tubes, and next the brakes.

It's great! It's much smoother on pavement. With those skinny tires I can easily outrun my 16 year old on his mountain bike. All the parts that are plastic on my mountain bike are metal on this one. (It's built like an old movie projector!)

This was a fairly medium-quality bike back in 1978, it's shocking how much it's "improved" since then.

-

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Greg May
Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2019 01:55 PM      Profile for Greg May     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spring has sprung in Philadelphia. While sitting at my desk in Center City, I saw on the news that the Phillies were in Independence Mall. They were announcing their "not so secret" secret, that the 2026 All Star Game would be played in our city. My office is two stops down so I sneaked onto the subway. Shhh.. Don't tell anyone! Figured I would share a picture from the day. Seen from left to right (in uniform) is Bryce Harper, Aaron Nola, Odubel Herrera, and manager Gabe Kapler.

-

--------------------
16MM: EIKI SNT-0, EIKI NT-0
8MM: ELMO ST-600M

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 16, 2019 02:09 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent bike Steve [Cool]

For the couple of years I worked for Ansett Airlines before they went bust. I used to bike to work two to three times a week on a bike just like that. Leave home just before 6am and get to work just after 7am, in time for a 20 minute chill out get organized and cup of tea before starting at 7.30am. What was great about using a bike, is arriving at work wide awake and raring to go, where as the rest of the guys would be just crawling out of the cars [Big Grin] still waking up.

The old bike was a great way to get that much needed wake up to start work, plus seeing the sunrise in the mornings looks great to [Cool] [Smile]

People forget how quick a bike can be in getting from A to B [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 16, 2019 05:16 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I miss those days myself!

My last job was 7 miles from home and I biked it when the weather was nice.

My current job is 32 miles away...

(Nope!)

I'm glad I got this one running again: I kind of missed it, and once something has stood idle for a decade, it's easy for it to fall into the category of "useless junk".

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 27, 2019 12:56 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blast From the Past!

-

Greetings direct from CineSea 19!

I brought my bike down with me. I rode up the boardwalk yesterday and got a pretty impressive lesson in the power of Ocean Winds! (Enough to distribute Humanity around the Globe, WAYYY more than enough to halt a 57 year old man on a 41 year old bike!)

I dove off onto the first street inland to try to make the trip back to the Ocean Holiday a little less strenuous, and found myself face to face with the Bolero Hotel.

This is where CineSea began, even though it wasn't even called that yet. This was also a one-off: the following spring we came to Ocean Holiday and have been here ever since.

This was December, 2009, almost 10 years ago.

This one is doing just fine: Roustabout was the Friday Night feature, we are now in session in the Hospitality Room and we're getting ready for dinner and Saturday Night Show.

(In days to come, there will be much more!)

[ April 28, 2019, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 29, 2019 11:38 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well unfortunately I couldn't make it to Cinesea 19...but I did go out to see a "film." This month at the Stanford Theatre in Palo Alto, CA they are showing Doris Day films. Saturday I took my son to see "Pillow Talk." To my surprise he loved it. It was the first time I had actually seen it in a theatre and the 35mm was outstanding!

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 30, 2019 02:21 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant Janice [Cool] "Calamity Jane" would be a good one to watch on film.

Steve...I found an old photo of my bike, it must have been taken be around the 1994 mark.
 -

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2019 02:55 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strangely I did watch my Calamity Jane Derann print last week.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 30, 2019 05:36 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's it, Graham: what people thought of when they heard "Bicycle" roughly 1975.

I love mountain bikes in their element: they are great off-road and good for adventures there, but on pavement these skinny tired bikes are much easier to make miles.

As I said: I got a lesson. I left the Ocean Holiday and now I am booking up the boardwalk. I am up in higher gears and I am blazing along like I am 16 years old!

-then I turned around and heard the wind roaring in my ears!

After that I returned to...more mature years and lower gears too!

(You would think I'd have learned something from 30 years canoeing!)

--------------------

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2019 07:13 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i still have my trusty older Raleigh FS Cyclone mountain bike which is super rare now apparently! I have been looking for another for my son for over a year and cannot find one like mine with aluminum frame. I didn't realize my particular mountain bike would become so rare and I've kept it in great shape!. When I was in my 20's, I would bike up super steep roads just to see if i could make it, but nowadays, I use my toyota [Smile]
@steve- A mountain bike(with dual suspension like mine) wouldn't outrun one like yours or grahams because some of each thrust is lost in the suspension, unless you have a hardtail bike(ie. no back suspension).
I've been actually considering turning mine into an electric driven bike one day. It would be fun and i could maybe use it again. [Smile]
 -

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

All times are Central
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC