8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Your today in pictures.. (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  42  43  44 

Author Topic: Your today in pictures..
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 25, 2016 03:52 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Morecambe bay (Lancashire) at sun down.
 -

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 26, 2016 08:41 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lower Lake This Morning

-

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 27, 2016 01:49 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Myself and Connor paying a visit today to the "Ferrymead Heritage Park" including a look around the railway shed [Cool]
 -
 -

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 27, 2016 07:44 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something a little obscure for you today, some recently processed 9.5mm colour cine film and a shot of our railway culvert.
 -

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 27, 2016 12:20 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Completed a bit of work on the Westar projector at the "Ferrymead Heritage Park" last Saturday, wired up the motor and soldered/rewired the sound to an amp and speakers. The results were very good indeed, next stage will be getting a bit of " light". [Smile]
 -
 -
Nice to see and hear the projector running once again.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 28, 2016 08:35 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I know you worked really hard on the puzzle...
-but that's the table the cat stands on when he's looking out the window."

-

I think I found all the pieces and we won't vacuum back there until he builds it again.

"....Quiet on the set: TAKE...TWO!"

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 08, 2016 10:58 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NOT AGAIN!!!!

-

Well, it's yet another snowy day out here on the Frontiers of Science!

This is not one of those nice December snowstorms where you feel the latent urge to grab your sled and head for a hill, and hope Mom makes hot cocoa for when you get home.

No, this is realizing you are 32 slippery miles from home, and the best feeling you can hope for on the way back is "solemn".

It's OK, we have a system:

I'll grip the wheel with white knuckles, and my carpool friend will dig her fingernails into my dashboard...

It's gotten us home every time...so far!

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 08, 2016 11:16 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be careful Steve...This is the kind of day I would work from home [Wink]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 08, 2016 11:37 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried that, but my neighborhood has a thing about having a high intensity X-ray source next door!

-eh!, I got anti-lock brakes, I got electronic traction control, I got front wheel drive, and I know Newton's Laws by heart!

(Besides, there's hot cocoa at the house!)

-I suppose good manners mean I should post after I get home...

Edit: Home, safe and sound!

[ February 08, 2016, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 08, 2016 05:04 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago if things got bad especially up in the mountains, I used to carry snow chains...very handy [Smile] ..clunk..clunk...clunk... [Smile] I once went on a bus trip with an intermediate school 11to 12year olds as a parent helper. Once we were at the start of the climb, the bus driver drove his inner rear wheels onto small wooden ramps, that made it easy to fit the chains onto the outer wheels, for the trip up the snow covered loose gravel road.

It was steep and slow going, but we got there safely, same for coming back down later on in the day "real slow". The kids were great and once I had got them sorted out on the beginners slope I disappeared up the main slope. Strangely none of the other parent helpers that wanted to come that day could ski, only me [Roll Eyes] . At the end of the day we rounded them up, "found them all" for the trip home, they were everywhere on the slopes [Smile] it was a good day out, up in the mountains.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 09, 2016 05:12 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not quite today but had the wonder box out for another show.
This 807D has entertained me man and boy. [Smile] Going to make a video about it I think.
 -

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 11, 2016 02:08 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well folks I am soon going to embark on what could be an interesting project. I have offered to help sort out, what's what with many years worth of stored old films "old home movies" in both Standard and Super8 for the photographic crowd at the Heritage Park.

I have only just started looking at some of it, and to be honest its a bit sad, that these films have landed up here in the first place over many years, with no record being kept of there origin. Looking at the editor, you start to think, who are those people? are they still alive? etc. The Kodachrome Standard 8 films condition wise look great.

Anyway here are a couple of photos. The first is just part of the film collection, and then some screen shots of some Standard 8 film taken here in the South Island in "1965". Once I have more time I will see if I can track down the kids in the following screen shots, who would be if they are still alive, in there late 50s.

So folks don't ever let your precious "home movies" land up being forgotten like this lot has [Frown]
 -
 -
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 11, 2016 03:33 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Someones treasured childhood memories there Graham. You are doing a great job there!
I hope you can locate the people concerned.

Try posting your screenshots on FB.
Only last week a guy who found a stolen wedding album did the exact same thing.
Within a few days, the owners gratefully contacted the guy!

The power of Facebook eh, always someone who knows us all there! [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 11, 2016 12:32 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew

I will be doing that very shortly. It would be great if the family members were still around, but most importantly be able watch those images taken 50 years ago projected once again on a Standard 8 projector onto a screen. I think that would be neat, will see what happens.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 11, 2016 01:15 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I very much look forward to the eventual outcome with this one Graham.
It's a great thing that Standard 8mm film has found its way into a collectors hands like yourself Graham, as many, myself included, wouldn't have any equipment to be able to view this long lost footage anymore.

--------------------

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2016 01:24 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
8 years ago, I bought a DeJur 750 on eBay. I picked it up locally. The guy threw in a metal case of 10 400' reels of family home movies. The projector and films belonged to someone in his family but he didn't want any of it. I've kept these films even after I moved 3 times and downsized each time. I can't bring myself to toss them. Someone spent years shooting and editing these home movies. At this point they will never find their proper home. I guess you could say I adopted them. I feel like the knight in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' who guards the holy grail.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 11, 2016 02:00 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sympathize...

a couple of months ago I bought somebody's home movies because they were on Gepe reels and they were selling five of 'em for what bust-out retail would be for one if the reels were empty.

Some of the footage is interesting. Whoever it was belonged to some flying club down in Texas and there's a lot of action with small aircraft.

-some of it is some nice yet completely anonymous family frolicking on the beach on the Gulf Coast.

Watching this feels semi-creepy to me (like looking into somebody's front window 30 seconds too long!), yet I can't bring myself to just de-reel it into the trash can!

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 11, 2016 02:21 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
We have the luxury most other people on the planet don't.
We have a passion for projecting these things and an about to do so. Therefore we can therefore put them out there again, to the world at large.

In all these cases, there is a very strong possibility you can give their owners what THEY would want. Not the actual film but just a digital copy. No matter how rough the transfer, just to relive their memories no doubt.

Facebook really is the place for all of this long lost treasure for those willing to make the effort.

Just think how thrilled,no doubt, the original photographer would feel quite possibly,for these to find their way back down to the families again, no matter how many generations further on.

[ February 11, 2016, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 12, 2016 02:54 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I shall be remembering the late and possibly greatest electronic organist Lenny Dee who will have been gone 10 years now. Lenny I am sure many of you in the US will know played at his Dolphin Den or the Kings Inn in his unique staccato style, had a lengthy recording career and even had a 45rpm in the top 20 playing the Hammond organ.

So my today in pictures is remembering Lenny Dee.
 -

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 14, 2016 09:59 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well those screen shots from the editor went into a City Facebook page over the weekend, but so far nil response [Frown]

However on Saturday I started to modify the Kodascope 8 projector to take a 15volt 150watt lamp, the distance from the gate to the lamp is the same as the ST1200, so it should work "hopefully" will also include a high and low setting for the lamp. The previous 110volt 500watt lamp along with its condenser lens etc has been removed.
 -
Sunday, well I just had got an image out of the "Westar" after fitting a lamp and using an old Elmo slide projector for the 24volt 250watt lamp. the surrounding area however, was way to bright, but both picture and sound are working...big projector small image [Roll Eyes] anyway that's as far as I got that day, as things around the place went a bit shaky [Eek!]
 -

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 17, 2016 01:32 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back from London,
Here we were last night at he O2 Arena to see the master composer Ennio Morricone in concert with his 60 years in music tour. It was superb,
Here we are, my lovely wife Natasha, me and my Brother, this was his Birthday present from us. It does look at bit empty but this was an hour before the start, it soon filled up.
 - [Smile]

Jamie Biggs
Junior

- posted February 17, 2016 03:24 PM      Profile for Jamie Biggs   Email Jamie Biggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Ennio Morricone last night too Tom, it really was fantastic! Apart from The Ecstasy of Gold (which I could listen to on an endless loop), I think my highlight was either The Man With The Harmonica or Sean Sean. And what a brilliant surprise to see the great man presented with his BAFTA for The Hateful Eight! Amazing!

--------------------
Jamie :D

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 17, 2016 05:37 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jamie that was a great surprise for us all to see. Tonight i have listened to that great love theme from the red tent over and over. I hadnt heard this before and it is the most moving music i have heard.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 17, 2016 11:16 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom and Jamie..What a wonderful opportunity to hear Ennio Morricone. He's truly one of the great composers.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 18, 2016 07:33 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me he the best of them all by far, over 500 movies to his belt, music of all styles and only 7% of those were the Westerns for which he is known for the world over.
Just listen to this one, in the dark with some volume and tell me it doesn't move you [Wink]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTLjhBHzuI

All times are Central
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  42  43  44 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC