8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Your today in pictures.. (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  42  43  44 

Author Topic: Your today in pictures..
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 29, 2016 11:45 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a shame Lee.

I still have the VHS tape Derann sent me long long ago.
 -

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 01, 2016 08:00 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The view from our Kitchen window this morning:

-

Spring has arrived in Florida!
And it's March 1st, St David's Day, the national day of Wales, and the commencement of Eistedffod week in Wales. So out goes the red dragon at our front porch:

-

[ March 01, 2016, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Paul Adsett ]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 05, 2016 01:20 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I landed up putting a lot of time fixing this little Eumig P8 Imperial, it took a while to get the claw to shutter timing just right on assembly, but the end results were very good indeed. This little Eumig is a really nice Standard 8 projector. With a two claw pull-down and a nice smooth locking sliding gate.

Anyway test screened it today, with my usual Charlie Chaplin film "The Immigrant". A big plus this week was finding a nice F15-28 zoom lens for it. That means I can project it to the same screen size as the GS1200 from the projection box. I intend to bump up the light out-put with an alternative light source soon.
 -
 -
...Tickets please for the test screening.....
 -
 -

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 05, 2016 02:13 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, the little P8 was my first 8mm projector, back in 1959. It was a game-changing design at the time, with brilliant low voltage lighting, top mounted reels, and that great sliding gate. My P8 also had the Phonomatic mechanism on the back, as shown in your picture, and it did a great job of synchronizing to a reel-to-reel tape recorder, for music and commentary.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 05, 2016 02:22 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great job you did in restoring this handsome little projector Graham. You are the master [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2016 07:49 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, I have that same projector sitting in my closet waiting to be fixed. Just need some time to work on it.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 05, 2016 09:43 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love those cool wire reels. [Smile]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 05, 2016 11:06 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Janice [Smile]

Paul those Eumig reels are really good they have a clever means to clip the end of the film into to lock it.

I am looking at the idea to change the lamp over to a vertical halogen 24v 250watt, still leaving the mirror and condenser lens in place. I would use an already made external plug in converted Elmo slide projector for the power source. That will still give me a high/low setting on the lamp. The lamp holder G6.35 base and the lamps are a left over from the Elmo slide projector cinema days. If I go ahead I will make sure the projector will always look as original, that's a must.

I might look out for an old "Reel to Reel" as well [Cool] now that would be nice. I really do like the "two claw" pull down on this projector, much more than the single claw that many other Standard 8 had.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 06, 2016 02:42 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All hail Eumig! Nice job there.

Bedford.  -

Bedford again.
 -

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 13, 2016 03:47 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As advertised on TV back in 1981 [Cool] Well it might be 35 years since this record was advertised, but its still fun to go through those old LP covers and play some records.

Oh! to be young again [Wink]
 -

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2016 03:30 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had quite a surreal day. The BBC came over to our house to shoot an episode of their "Wanted Down Under". Watch out for it next year if you are in the UK.

-

In fact, it's been quite an exciting month which began with meeting my comedy idols John Cleese and Eric Idle. As a life long Python fan, Eric (a genuinely nice guy) very kindly invited me backstage on the two nights I attended and we chatted and drank some very decent white wine.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 15, 2016 05:44 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant Jonathan!! [Smile]
You have indeed witnessed "the brighter side of life" there recently.

I shall look out for the BBC series here when it's on.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2016 06:43 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Andrew. I will tell you when I know. It's on in the UK in January/February.I wasn't filmed,though.Most of my film collection is packed away ready to move but you may be able to spot the odd 16mm reel on display here and there!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 15, 2016 06:53 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I look forward to seeing it then Jonathan!

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 01:30 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So what does an old Elmo slide projector, an old Panasonic video camera power supply from 1992, One new Osram 24v 150watt lamp, an old cooling fan from an old B/H 16mm projector all have in common with an old Eumig Standard 8mm projector?.

The answer is, a much brighter picture. The cooling fan just slips onto the top of the lamp house. Instead of blowing air in it sucks the hot air out.
 -
 -
 -
 -
The screen shot is around 24 feet from the projector as shown.
 -

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 21, 2016 09:00 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Springtime is Here!!!!(?)

-

-

-It just arrived frozen!

Forecast for this afternoon: sunny. It may all be melted before we head home today.

I like your "audience" in the second picture, Graham! He can watch movies at my house any time! (Did he come by himself?)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2016 01:39 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see some more picks of prickly pear cactus.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 21, 2016 03:05 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guy!

This would have been best done this morning since the snow is probably melted by now, but if you’ll bear with some shots taken in the Winter of 2014 this is basically what we would have seen there roughly lunch time:

-

-

-

This is amazing stuff. I remember years ago I was out on a short hike with my son and we happened on this straggly, low patch of dark green paddles. I said “It looks just like cactus!”. After I convinced myself it really was cactus I figured it was some invasive species that a northeast winter would put an end to long before the snows came.

-then I found out it is a native species and just as rightly here as a seagull or an oak tree!

Nature isn’t ever bounded by our imaginations!

There is a park not very far from where I work where a full two acres of it has stood watch for more than a century now. I want to see this sometime.

(I have friends who live in Tucson...they weren't very impressed!)

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 05:21 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve...and friends [Big Grin]
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 06:07 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm Lovin' It", Graham! [Wink]

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 07:11 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely a captive audience! [Smile]
Well done on the lamp conversion of the P8 Graham. Was it a whole lot brighter?

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 07:51 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul.

Its a lot brighter than the original 12v 100watt lamp. The good thing about the Osram 24v 150watt is that they are cheap to buy and readily available. Using the Elmo slide projector I can still use the high/low lamp settings.

The slide projector used to run 24v 250watt lamps so I could simply swap lamps, however it gets warm enough with the 150watt, so will skip using anything bigger. I think that would be pushing things a bit much.

If I could have had some means of adjusting the position of the lamp in relation to the mirror, and condenser lens, that would have been great, but that in itself would be a lot of work.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 06:20 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackpool
[Smile]
 -

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 23, 2016 10:21 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

Your audience is very...ecumenical!

Starting from the left: Pixar, Pixar, Aaardman, Disney, Warner Brothers and M&M Mars!

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 06:14 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Steve

I hope Andrew does not see this photo, as I doubt very much we will "ever" hear the end of it. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

I was forced to fit a roller into an old guide, due to excess wear on the existing one on the Elmo [Frown] the other guides are ok so far.
 -

All times are Central
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  42  43  44 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC