8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » This Years Blackpool Film Fair (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: This Years Blackpool Film Fair
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 06:30 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need to resize my pictures, but have only just downloaded them ater catching up with life after 4 days in Blackpool. I'll post as soon as I have. Keith Wilton wants some for the mag as well so will be selecting what to send to him.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 10:35 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i like many others attended the evening meal on the saturday night. as i have said earlier it was a huge success. on each table David Watson had placed 2 large blue binders which he had put together himself. each containing the full history of 30 years of the blackpool convention dinners. starting at the cliffs hotel in 1985 to present day at the hilton hotel. containing a synopsis on each year. with photographs, adverts,menus etc etc. it was suggested that each table put their own table place setting into a bag and make a draw. the first two out of the bag getting to keep the binder. i was happy to say i was a winner along with Keith Wilton.having now had time to read it thoroughly i can say it is superb. looking back over those years was a joy. even bringing a tear to my eye.so thankyou David Watson for putting so much time and effort into what is now to me a treasured item.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 11:40 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First few pictures, Dave guest at opening of Friday film show, some dealers and the bring and buy.
 -
 -
 -

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 03:58 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pictures looking good the more the merrier thanks for posting

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2015 06:58 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So what other films were shown throughout the day in the Cinema from Don and Bob. And what films were shown after the dinner.

Graham S

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2015 09:57 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi graham if you back track on here you will see the programme of what films were shown on sunday
I showed goldfinger on Friday and it also mentions this on here
and on Saturday night I showed a 2000 ft reel of trailers and adverts eg weak and the wicked bond trailer the rock and many more after that I showed the famous comedy a home of your own I hope this answers your questions you missed a good do

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2015 11:18 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

Yes I saw that programme but I just wanted to know what other short films and cartoons etc. were shown not listed in the previous programme.

Graham S

Don Sykes
Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2015 01:43 PM      Profile for Don Sykes   Email Don Sykes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NORTH WEST FILM FAIR IN FULL SWING

-

35mm GB N Projector used for the 35mm shows

-

BOB & DON READY TO RUN "KING KONG" ON 35mm.

-

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2015 02:48 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as usual great pictures Don.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2015 03:19 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
first class don and the film show this year was a knockout on the 35mm

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2015 03:43 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent and very well done to all.

I will certainly try and make it for next year.

Well done again. [Smile]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2015 11:13 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith Wilton, people waiting for the auction and some of the 16mm projectors for sale at the Fair.
 -
 -
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 28, 2015 11:16 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting these pictures.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 28, 2015 11:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Brian, good to see Keith again there [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 28, 2015 11:19 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jolly good, all of you dear people - What splendid photos, and an auction of projectors to boot, incredible - It reminds us of our gatherings, but yours has oh-so-much more in films and accessories - Must go to the next one - In the mean, please visit us here for the CINEVENT in Columbus Ohio (webpage is there) and CINESEA in Wildwood NJ, April 29-May 1st - Cheers all from Shorty

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2015 02:31 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it's a whole week already since the Blackpool Convention dinner, last Saturday afternoon saw myself and Adrian Winchester along with some help from Simon Mcconway,Mark Norton and Mr.super 8 himself Keith Wilton in the dining room for about three hours getting the place ready and decorated with balloons etc.and putting out the raffle prizes all in preparation for the night. The dinner turned out to be a great success, starting around 7.30pm with diners arriving and having a pre dinner drink from our private bar and buying lots of tickets for the raffle, we sold a little over 400 tickets.After diners,56 of them had taken their seats Adrian welcomed everyone to the 30th Convention Dinner, then promptly gave out the nights first prize, diners were asked to look under their coffee cup and saucer for a sticker, the lucky finder Robert Stoner was asked to come to the front and was presented with a congratulations card
inside of which was a full refund of the cost of his convention meal.. Then the meal got underway here's what we had.
Starter..
Vegetable soup with herb dumplings.
Main course..
Fillet of lamb, with chorizo sausage fritters,fondant potatoes, vichy carrots,sesame green beans, roasted parsnips all served with a madeira jus.
Dessert..
Tiramisu Torte served with amaretto jelly and rum spiced chocolate.
Followed by..
Coffee and after dinner mints and a nice slice of our 30th Dinner Anniversary cake.
between the dinner courses Adrian held the now famous film quiz, 15 brain teasers to stretch the diners film knowledge the winner who scored 14 out of 15 was Eddie Goodwin who had also won last years quiz,Adrian presented Eddie with his prize,chocolates and a bottle of wine and a round of applause from the rest of the diners. During the dinner Adrian proposed a toast to the memory of the late Derek Simmonds,much missed proprietor of DERANN FILMS and the man who first started the convention dinners 30 years ago in 1985. We also had a second toast this time to the health of Ged Jones long time Derann film staff member and Derek Simmonds right hand man, Ged was responsible for many years in compiling the covention dinner film quiz and later also helping with the dinner bookings etc. Ged has been rather ill lately and is spending a considerable length of time in hospital, a get well soon card was passed around all the diners to sign and will be sent to Ged in hospital asap.
The meal over we commenced the raffle,this being the 30th dinner we had 30 raffle prizes up for grabs, prizes such as
the full length super 8 feature of 'That's Dancing', a 16mm
Disney cartoon 'Morris the Midget Moose',with the recent release of the new bond film 'Spectre' there was several bond related prizes,a large picture frame with lots of photographs from passed 007 movies,a 'Doctor No' collectors plate,bond film books,on super 8 'The Living Daylights' the
pre title sequence with bond fighting on a speeding land rover on the rock of Gibraltor and some other bond prizes.
We also had some super 8 cartoons and trailers, DVD and CD box sets,bottles of wine ,chocolates and a Blackpool gift clock amongst other items, There was great excitement as the tickets were drawn from the tombola and lots of laughs.
So onto the finale of the night, the film show, this year
presented on 16mm by Sunday film convention orginizer David
Guest and ably projected by Mark Norton using an Elf xenon
projector. The first half of the show consisted of cartoons
adverts trailers and snippets of daring film stunts from loads of different films.After the intermission a B/w 16mm print of a British comedy film made in the early 1960's
called 'Home of your Own'showing incompetent work men trying to build a house,featuring many well known British film and television actors,it was a very funny film and had the diners laughing out loud.
With the end of the film it was the end of a great night the diners giving a loud round of applause in appreciation
they left close to 1.00am saying how much they had enjoyed the evening and expressing hopes to be there next year,
WILL YOU be ? do try, I promise you, you will love it.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 28, 2015 02:49 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an absolutely awesome event! Here in the US, we are all in total envy of such a luxurious convention.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2015 06:02 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what about my accordion dance organ which was playing in the interval never been one of these at any film convention here in the uk and abroad

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2015 08:23 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David it was great to see your accordion organ a realy nice machine ,it was such a nice weekend cant wait till the next one ,once again thankyou to all involved .

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC