8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Happy New Year

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy New Year
David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 11:57 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's a little early - but before too much of the funny liquid enters my bloodstream - I'd like to wish everyone on here a happy and healthy 2016 - from all at the Skillern household in a wet and windy South Wales.

|  IP: Logged

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 01:19 PM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year to all

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 01:55 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello friends, wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 31, 2015 03:00 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New Year's Eve has for me never been quite the same without Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadian's. The classy and relaxed persona of Guy, and the mellow tones of his band always gave one the confident feeling that all would be well in the coming year. Somehow the lightweight Diva's and untalented rap singers paraded out by the newtwork's at midnight do not have the same effect.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 31, 2015 03:05 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year everyone [Smile]

Well its the first morning of 2016 and looks great, last night New Years eve while my better half Yvonne was out visiting for a short time, I opted to chill out a bit, and join Peter O'Toole for a ride across the desert in "Lawrence of Arabia" all 3hrs and 45min of it, with a intermission at 2hrs 20min point...I must say it really looked stunning.
 -
 -
 -

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 03:27 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year! I completely missed it all, unfortunately. I had a heart op a few weeks ago and my meds tend to send me to sleep by 9. A warm but cloudy New Year's Day morning is developing here.
Nice screenshots of Lawrence there, Graham!

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 05:02 PM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Jonathan-I have flaked out and slept through midnight without medication or liquor! Just glad you are still with us. Happy New Year to all and thank you for your kindness, expertise, and good humor.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 05:30 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul. Happy New Year to you!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 31, 2015 06:22 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jonathan

But what's most important, is that you feel well soon, and enjoy what 2016 has in store for you.

Regards Graham

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 06:41 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year to everyone in the forum,it's a great place to be a part of [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 31, 2015 07:26 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have a 7 hour wait for New Years. I'll be taking down the Christmas ornaments tonight and then picking out a film to watch. My son Darrin is up in San Francisco tonight doing a guest appearance as a Storm Trooper at the Beach Blanket Babylon New Years Eve show.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

-

-

[ January 01, 2016, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 01, 2016 02:37 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice picture, Janice ! Is it usual in the US to celebrate the new year arrival without the Cristmas decoration ? In Belgium people traditionnaly keep the Christmas tree and the crib until the 6th January, when the Three Wise Men are added (Baby Jesus is logically supposed to be addded only during the night between the 24th and the 25 th December but these two habits seem to fade way and all the characters are in the crib from the beginning now). On the 6th January , we eat a special (delicious !) cake with something hidden in it and the one who finds it is the king (in French, the The Three Wise Men are kings). The same traditions exist in France (I don't know for other countries) except that they keep their Christmas décorations longer in the Streets and that you can find this special cake of the 6 th January almost all the month long. Whatever how people celebrate it, Happy New year again to all !

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 01, 2016 06:45 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes indeed a very happy and healthy new year one and all. [Cool]

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2016 07:10 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year to all. I celebrated the midnight change of year with friends at a pub on a hill that has a garden from which we could see the London Thames firework display, no pictures as they always turn out bad of fireworks when hand-held.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 01, 2016 04:20 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominque...Very interesting about the Belgium tradition of keeping decorations up until Jan. 6th. There are so many cultures living here in the US that in my neighborhood I see Christmas decorations up sometimes through February [Smile] Just as a practical matter...I started taking down my decorations down last night in hopes that my son could help me put them away before he leaves [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 01, 2016 04:29 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your answer, Janice. I know that I will have to help my mother to remove the Christmas decoration so I understand what you mean :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2016 03:16 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM !!!

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2016 08:50 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year to all

--------------------
Tony

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2016 07:43 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Belated Happy New year everyone. Hope it will be a more peaceful one for everyone as well. What with the effects of climate change and so much violence in the world we could do with a more settled and peaceful one. Ken Finch.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC