8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Dream project ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dream project ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 25, 2016 11:31 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've often thought of doing this (but it would take a tremendous amount of work!)

Take, let's say, 1973, Saturday morning TV from, oh, lets say, NBC, and make a full 4 hour DVD of the whole Saturday morning line-up of all the cartoons, plus the vintage commercials ...

... and then, start it at 6 AM (which is when it would have started), sit down with some Captain Crunch, and just have fun!

With a full line-up from ABC, it would be a little easier, as I have the full collection on DVD of School-house rock, so, getting all the shows, plus commercial breaks wouldn't be as hard, but still difficult.

Am I just totally insane, or does THIS sound FUN!!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2016 12:34 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep a low profile - hide behind the curtains and keep a watch out for the men in white coats. [Cool]

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2016 01:29 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Conjuction junction, what's your function?

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2016 05:06 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, im kinda with you on this...............Iveoften thought when watching a repeated programme that was say made in 1975 that it would be good to see the relevent TV ads from that year. example, an old coca cola advert, (id like to teach the world to sing was a fav of mine here in the UK)or Kellogg cornflake ad, you see where im going from here............old ads but still relevant today.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2016 06:42 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems that when ATV had the weekend franchise for London in the 1960's the film recording section (kinescope for USA readers) was asked to record the whole evenings output one Sunday including adverts and news. This has been kept in the archive and when found was shown at the BFI London National Film Theatre. It seems they had to get permission from all the advertisers to show this as well as for the programmes. They all agreed and one even sent a case of chocolate for the audience to share. I was there for that showing and we all thought it would have been better if one of the breweries had done the same.

So - not as insane as you might think.

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2016 03:42 PM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, it sounds both insane and fun! I once found a few Schoolhouse Rock segments on 16mm and gave them to a friend for his birthday (he was thrilled). A video project like this could take forever, but I'm sure people would love it.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 26, 2016 04:16 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When Winbert was living in Canada he started accumulating these wonderful old console TV sets. The kind with bunny ear antennas up top and a two button remote the size of a brick!

-what a wonderful thing it would be to have a room with Jetsons style furniture and a hidden DVD player for "F Troop", "Andy Griffith" and "Wonderful World of Disney" every Saturday night.

I really loved the 1960s, then again they ended when I was still seven years old so I managed to avoid the nastier parts of it!

My son was born in 2002...to him the 1960s were just around the time the meteor wiped out the Dinosaurs!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC