8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » How in the heck do I get back into my hotmail account?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How in the heck do I get back into my hotmail account?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 25, 2016 12:30 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am going thru sheer hell attempting to get back into my accounbt.

I do a questionnaire that asks such things as ...

what are some e-mail addresses that you regularly write?

Sheesh, I don't know the e-mail addresses verbatim, I just click in my addresses or just reply to the e-mail in question.

Name headings for recent e-mails ...

Still clueless ...

What are old passwords used of the account?

Yeah, like I would actually remember those!

HELP!!!!!! [Frown]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 25, 2016 12:56 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just switch to Gmail [Smile]

How did you get locked out in the first place Osi?

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2016 05:08 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long is it since you used the hotmail account??? I lost my old hotmail account because I didnt use it for over two years.........

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 26, 2016 02:03 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only last used it last Friday, so this is a very current thing. I started to get (for some odd reasons) invites to "naughty' websites and such, which is a thing I don't even frequent in the first place, and I just deleted them, I should have just junk filed them, but I'm betting that whoever did this is probably a part of those folks with those e-mails.

I recived a reply back on my other Hotmail account, (at least I have that), and it stated, "after many attempts to access this account, we recommend you start a new e-mail account"

Well, I'd love to do that, as long as I can take all of my contacts off of that old account and place them in a new account, but that can't seem to be done without accessing the old account.

By the way, if anyone, from this time on, gets an e-mail from "toac2001@hotmail.com" please delete it immediately, as it is not from me.

--------------------

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2016 02:35 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,
Hotmail is now owned by outlook, so you can either login using microsoft outlook(if you use it) or on the web via microsoft live.com.

You know your email address, so I am guessing it is the password you have forgotten?
If so, you'll need to do a password recovery http://hotmail.logins.help/hotmail-password-reset/

Do you have a cellphone? If so, following the link above gives an option to have them text you a reset password code, which after you do that, you will have access to your account again...
I don't use hotmail myself. Hope you get it going again.

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 28, 2016 11:27 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I know the present password, my account was simply hacked, and after repeated attempts to get back on my account, they're saying "just start a new one".

I'm e-mailing or "PM-ing" most of my film friends to go ahead and e-mail me at my alternate Hotmail/outlook account, so that I can add they're -mails to the account (as I'm good with names, but not memorizing e-mails accounts verbatim ... who is?).

I just hate losing my account that I have had for at least 10 years, because Microsoft isn't willing to talk with me on the phone, (it's a danged automated system!), and due to some louse or louses who hacked the account! Grrrr!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 02, 2016 01:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh, now I'm having problems with my ebay account! I'm getting the feeling that the person or persons that hijacked my Hotmail account (the original one of this series of posts), is trying to infiltrate my ebay account.

I've got my suspicions as to who it is ... I may know soon.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC