8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Brussels Attack (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Brussels Attack
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 22, 2016 04:58 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To me this is both a film forum and a social web page. Maybe I feel that way because I am friends with many here both by e-mail and honest-to-goodness three dimensional real life.

I have broken bread with the likes of Shorty and Doug and Pat and Claus on many happy occasions! -but I first met them here.

For a lot of us, this is our daily contact with the world a long way from home. I guess it's only natural to try to reach out to the world here. Whether it is a film thing or not, it is a human thing, and that's where we start and where we end too.

I've spent a lot of time in Europe and have generally enjoyed the people I've met there. My wish for them, just as everybody else, is just what we want here: peace, happiness and freedom.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 05:14 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry if I started a turmoil, but the board topic says "non-film related" comments, so I had to make mention of it - We've seen messages about the Paris attacks and other information, and we all have film-friends and possibly family-friends around the world also - Anyway, I typed in my piece and be done

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 22, 2016 05:22 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's General Yak!,

We've had threads about fishing and weather and holidays and cars and kids and all manner of human being stuff!

-as I said: it's where we begin and where we end too. Everything in between is just details!

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 05:46 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to see you are ok Dominique...I just got home from work and I was thinking of you all day. Even though I don't really know you I feel like I do seeing you on the forum.

Terry...I think the forum will survive after this thread is done. General Yak is for non film topics.

Bill [Smile]

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 05:49 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe
Dont be sorry. You have your right of opinion, as indeed have I. That doesn't make you wrong, or me right. I just felt I had to have my say. Conversation/argument/debate is what differentiates us from the animal kingdom. Someone of great note and intelligence once said ' I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death for the right of you to say it'.
Peace and Love
Steve
I agree that this can also be a social posting site - but restricted to the social activities of members - not the general activities of the world. If that's what you want then go to Assbook ( sorry Facebook)

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2016 03:29 AM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hy guys!

I'm OK and all my familly too ( my projectors and films are OK too! :-))).

Thank's to all of you for your kinds messages for our injured country.

Kiss to all of you.

Best regards,

JC.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 05:48 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news Jean-Christophe! Have you heard from Bruno at all?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2016 06:01 AM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fear Terry that your comments have politicised these messages of condolences.

--------------------
Let there be light,so god created the projector

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 06:09 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe particularly as some of us clock up the years on here we have become good friends and peace loving, peace being the operative word at the moment. We help an support each other as best we can and long may it stay that way.
Take care all of you.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 07:39 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, Bruno is ok as well. I got e-mails from him. I understand he hasn't an automatic connection to the forum, so he doesn't write much but reads as often as he can :-). Bruno was at the airport a few days before the attack and I have a friend who was in the train that exploded in the metro. Luckily, he alighted three stations before the explosion. Any of us, anywhere in the world could be a victim of such acts.

--------------------
Dominique

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2016 08:48 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So happy to hear everyone is safe.

I would have chimed in yesterday but you WONT BELIEVE MY YESTERDAY!!!

While all these messages were being posted, I was frantically racing to get my daughter from her high school which they completed locked down at 10am due to a bomb threat. Yes, a Bomb Threat here in a Hamilton school. Never heard of before....knifes possibly, fights for sure...bombs..never before...
My daughter(and many students(1500+ dismissed)) were frantic, and sadly, I had to drop her off at school this morning again. Yes, today it is safe, but this is Baloney!
This is a global issue, not just in European issue anymore....

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 23, 2016 08:50 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For better and for worse it's become a very small world.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 09:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all happening it would seem in this crazy world of ours of today!
You simply never know the minute it would seem.

Pleased all is well as luck has it both in Brunos case and in Matthews.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 11:33 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just totally pissed, (and not at anyone's post on this topic),and that is all I can say, without having this post deleted or censored! [Frown]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 12:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mathew, I'm happy your daughter is ok. A terrorist has been arrested in Brussels last week and the neighbourhood was locked down during the operation. That includes a primary school. TV showed the scared children leaving the school one by one Under high protection. Who would have imagined when I was in primary school that such a shameful thing would ever happen in Belgium ?

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 01:41 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Our town hall is lit up in your colours this evening, as a mark of respect to your people and as a statement of solidarity.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 02:00 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do appreciate the worldwide support.

-

--------------------
Dominique

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 06:29 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panayotis

Without doubt this has been a terrible and deadly attack on innocent people, bringing up the subject in "General Yak" under certain conditions laid down by Doug is fine by me.

Regarding your comments regarding "Your Today.... topic, well... once again this is in the "General Yak" section and its always interesting to see what others get up to in life other than just "films".

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 07:47 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
And equally,even better when the two overlap when it involves film and equipment, like your recent post Graham.

I must admit, it is the cine posts in this category that I pay most attention to.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 08:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Yanis, and I couldn't agree more with all of your statements! [Wink]

--------------------

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2016 08:16 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew!

--------------------
Yannis

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 23, 2016 09:01 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your comments. I have deleted a few more well meaning but rule breaking posts. I'm closing this thread for now.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC