8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » A big THANK YOU to Tony Milman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A big THANK YOU to Tony Milman
Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2016 04:52 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just got back from picking up my lovely new(!) ST1200HD from Tony and I'm DELIGHTED with it. Tony met me at the station with the beast in tow, along with a choice of F1.1 lens and a couple of 'toons for the kids (well, and me!). I couldn't wait to get home and try her out, and boy am I knocked out. I never knew the difference a good lens can make to a projector, and now I understand it when people say that Super 8 can look as good as 16mm. I'm looking forward to many fun nights of projection heaven. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2016 05:01 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Stuart for getting such a nice machine, Tony is a very nice guy to deal with too. The ST1200's are very nice when you get a good one, the 1.1 lens improves things with a bit sharper image and a bit more light so well worth it, enjoy, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2016 02:56 PM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I ran a new Derann print of 'Alice in Wonderland' on a Fumeo it looked as good as anything I'd ever shown on an 8' screen. Enjoy the projector. You've made a good choice.

--------------------
Dave

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 31, 2016 04:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm intrigued Dave??

What length was this Derann print of Alice In Wonderland?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 31, 2016 04:16 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good one Stuart, we use the 1.1 lens on ours and it makes such a big difference. you wont be disappointed with this machine, great light output and superb sound. That machine looks like new.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 12:16 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Shucks Stuart. I'm blushing. So pleased you are happy and that at long last it will get the use it deserves. Get yourself a spare belt kit just in case. I would also reciprocate and say what a pleasure it was to meet you albeit briefly and do business ! Just wish I got it right more often! Regards Tony

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC