8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Youngest 8mm projectionist?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Youngest 8mm projectionist?
Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2016 02:53 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my Polly, she'll be 7 in October and today she learned how to thread the projector! Next week: splicing [Wink]
 -

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 27, 2016 03:14 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want that projecotor

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2016 03:38 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's taken me since 1979 to get one.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 27, 2016 03:43 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is one of the most precious photographs I have ever seen. Just look at the expression on her face. She is really into it.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 27, 2016 03:46 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent photo Stuart [Smile]

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2016 04:17 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's get this right....... a six and a half year old girl is given her very first basic steps in how to thread a projector using an...........ELMO GS1200 TO PRACTICE ON !!!! Goodness me! Tuition just doesn't start any better than that! Well done,Polly! Keep learning everything you can and keep interested in the hobby as we need young ladies like yourself to keep this hobby alive a long time into the future!
I am now curious to know what type of car daddy will give you your first driving lesson in? (!!!!!!)

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2016 11:55 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say given the projector, a lambo !!!!!!!.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2016 01:31 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's one photo that Polly will never be embarrassed about. Lovely.

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2016 01:41 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's so cool!!

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 29, 2016 05:26 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is just brilliant Stuart, and whoever took the Photo caught it just right too.

Thats a long wait for a nice GS, mine might even be a bit longer !!!

Best Mark.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2016 08:24 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still count to 5 until the film comes out the back. Always relieved when it does!

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2016 10:02 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm NOT the only one that does that,Steve!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2016 09:35 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do that, too. I guess the relief at seeing the leader come out the other end is a feeling we all share.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 30, 2016 11:27 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fatherhood changes film collecting!

-now you can buy all the cartoons you want, and stop pretending you are doing it for their historic value!

I'll always remember that first time with my son: maybe 15 months old. There he is sitting on the couch and I raise the tripod screen right in front of him...scared him too! (Some things you need to ease into!)

When he was in pre-school they asked him who his favorite movie star was. He said "Laurel and Hardy".

-They just couldn't quite process that!

A couple of years ago I thought it would be nice if he came to Wildwood with me. He's joined in there ever since.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 30, 2016 11:48 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say he's our youngest technician - Shorty

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 30, 2016 12:14 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Super (8) photo Stuart! Right up there with the wonderful one I remember from Ignacio all those years ago that included his toddler sat in front of his "Studio" machine when reviewing the model. [Smile] [Wink]

-

Great work you are doing there Stuart and here's hoping your Daughter grows up to share your same enthusiasm here for the hobby. [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 30, 2016 03:19 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my Grandson back in 2006 on the Pathe Baby. It seems like yesterday, so enjoy every hour with your daughter Stuart!

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001785

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 30, 2016 03:33 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
What a terrific photo Paul! The joy on your grandsons face there is simply immeasurable! [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 30, 2016 03:39 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10 years ago Paul !!!

Where does it go.

Hope I, and all of us are about to look back at Stuart`s in 10 years too.

Best Mark.

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2016 04:40 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, that is a GREAT photo!

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2016 09:19 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great picture Stuart.

And Paul- I thought of your old photo as soon as I saw this one today [Smile] .

James.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC