8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Doug / Brad... an easier way to access pages?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doug / Brad... an easier way to access pages?
Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2016 05:28 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug and Brad. Is there a simpler way that can be done to access specific pages on the forum? For example a small box where one can type the page number and it jumps to it? The current method on the top right hand corner seems a little long winded.I am hoping to look back on previous posts/pages from before I signed up.If there is an easier way that I have overlooked, my apologies.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 05, 2016 05:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Melvin,

Aside from a search for a specific topic, the only way to go back is to click on the page link that you described:

-

The last page link you click on will load and automatically add the three previous pages to the link.

-

If you are going further back, you can get around a bit quicker by clicking on the three dots. This will split the difference in the gap:

-

-

As far as I know there is no way to type in page "33" and be taken to that page.

The oldest page (currently 424) takes us back thirteen years!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2016 05:57 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2016 07:42 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Open up a topic in a new tab or window, and you will see a different url that can be modified with the page number. For example:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000079;p=15

Modify p=15 to the page number you want and voila -- u go to that page.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC