8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Here is that auction, in case anyone was interested ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Here is that auction, in case anyone was interested ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 08, 2016 12:06 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I put back up for auction, that Three Little pigs print ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322142512540?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Please note, as stated before, it does have vinegar syndrome, which you can never get rid of, but you can counteract so that the print can last for a good deal longer. I had this projected by a friend with an old school 35MM projector (not the platter kind), and except for a need for re-focus at one point, it projected just fine. No shrinking sprockets (as the original buyer stated), a little warp of the film and when we actually left the film out, instead of keeping it in a bad, the vingar smell was almost gone, (well, it makes seense that it would be at it's strongest when you actually open up the storage bag).

In my opinion, a print that certainly has some more use in it, especially if one can "iron it' [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 08, 2016 12:14 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do hope that you are much more successful this time.

--------------------
Maurice

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 08, 2016 12:43 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice ...

It's funny, the person who sent it back said it wouldn't be any good in less than 6 months or so, but I have some other 35MM trailers that have vinegar syndrome, one in particular, the "Yellow Submarine" trailer (once again, a big thank you to Dino for that, all those years ago), and now, at least 5 or more years later, while it has that 'vinnie' smell, the print hasn't turned to goo or gotten dry, brittle, shrunken sprockets or anything else. Granted, you can't get rid of vinegar syndrome, but it doesn't necessarily mean the prints ready for the bin. It just needs some love and care, which I can't personally provide.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC