8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Lee Mannering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lee Mannering
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 15, 2016 11:07 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anybody heard from Lee Mannering lately? He was active here daily until the end of March, but I can't seem to find him anywhere ever since then.

I just hope he's alright.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 15, 2016 11:41 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
He is still selling one or two bits and pieces over on e bay UK Steve, but doesn't appear to be actively involved so much in the hobby these days, but I may of course, be wrong on the latter statement. I've not seen anything posted by him for a while anywhere either Steve, but that also applies to many other regular posters from the not too distant past.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 15, 2016 01:20 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just concerning when somebody posts so frequently and abruptly stops.

I kind of hope he got a really sudden opportunity to join an arctic expedition and gets to be the first man to play the ukulele on the North Pole! ("We're going to the North Pole...Wanna come? -Cab's outside, the meter's running! -bring your uke...and a jacket!")

-Imagine that in "Your Day in Pictures"!

I look forward to reading Lee's posts anywhere from one Pole to the other.

(Please check his E-bay site?)

--------------------

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2016 01:27 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. I look forward to his updates on 'your today in pictures..." and the whole thread and others...
It was a daily read for awhile, and i enjoyed it.

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2016 02:24 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last time I heard he was ski ing in the swiss alps

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 15, 2016 02:55 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the 41st 9.5mm International Film Festival in Liverpool 9th-12th June this year and had many a chat with Lee. He was also the projectionist with the organiser's Buckingham projector.

--------------------
Maurice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 15, 2016 03:10 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see then Maurice, Lee still has all the interest then, that he ever had, still. [Smile] [Smile]

Let's hope he's back posting just as soon as he is off the piste! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 15, 2016 03:42 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good enough for me!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC