8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Back from holidays!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back from holidays!
Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2016 06:09 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang, i'm back from a week in Wales, where Mrs. Stu and I celebrated her 40th birthday in style, firstly in a stately home outside Aberyswyth with her family, and then in a luxury YURT with a hot tub in a secluded forest in Meidrim. Had a fantastic week, visited Laugharne where Dylan Thomas' writing shed is located, St. Davids, where a quite bonkers community of artists make a living, and oh, all over that part of Wales. I searched every junk shop high and low for an elusive celluloid bargain but came up empty handed, dammit. Now back to work, and more importantly back to getting that Beaulieu up and running.

|  IP: Logged

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2016 06:50 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stuart,

i love that part of the country - especially the pembrokeshire coast line - Tenby and Saundersfoot and Amroth - hailing from South Wales - its a 2 hour drive for me. However, as far as Super 8 goes down this neck of the country - its always been fairly dry unfortunately - which is why im looking forward to my trip to Blackpool in November and stock up on Super 8 and 16mm. I also have fond memories of Meidrim - staying in a gorgeous flat that was part of a family mansion - that was when i had a theatre company and was touring professionally.

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2016 06:54 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, that must have been a fascinating existence! Hopefully I'll make it up to Blackpool this year, I'll seek you out and hear all about it - we should have a forum get-together at the convention.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2016 08:43 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stuart,

my wife and I have already booked to stay at the Hilton on Saturday night then stay for the convention on the Sunday. It would be good to meet up.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 23, 2016 11:04 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Holidays over now Stuart. ☺
Time to get out the screwdriver set and soldering iron!😆😆

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC