8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Film Forums (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Film Forums
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 10, 2016 01:04 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant Janice and Steve [Smile]

Its certainly been good, even better if we could all meet in person one day [Cool] ..now that would be fun [Smile]

But just to highlight how world wide "home movies" are, I came across this photo on one of the Facebook pages, sorry I cant remember which one [Roll Eyes] ...anyway I hope this person does not mind me posting his photo here.

It really does show though, that no matter what country you may live in, this one in "Iraq", the interest in film and film projectors is universal. One thing if you look closely, you will see a "Walton" Laurel and Hardy Super8 print, quite amazing when you think that Walton Films went out of business long ago and here it is years later still being watched, even in places of turmoil.
 -

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 10, 2016 07:07 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham - that's amazing! Can you point to any other information on this event?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2016 01:11 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walton's last printing was supposed to be Chaplin's The Cure for the Middle East.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 10, 2016 01:15 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
-even better if we could all meet in person one day
Well, some of us actually have. It's kind of a wild thing, having friends you've never really met before. You might be with one of them a half hour before you hear a name and actually realize they're from here.

It's part on the value of having your picture on your posts: people meet you and know who you are right away.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 10, 2016 01:38 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was lucky enough to meet Bruno, Jean-Marc and Nick several time and several other members (from different countries like UK, Italy, Spain, Greece) at the BFCC in London (I sadly didn't see Doug when he came there) and in 9,5 meetings (like the Get Together or the 9.5 Spring Fair). It has always be a great pleasure !

--------------------
Dominique

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2016 04:32 PM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still think there's a strong case for wearing a name badge. I hate to think how many folk from this forum I've passed at the BFCC or how many have bought films from my table over the years without any recognition. Perhaps I'll take my own suggestion this year especially as I'm not behind a table.

--------------------
Dave

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 10, 2016 04:41 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, sadly, many British members don't display their picture on the forum. Maybe that would be easier for all of us if we could see more picures.

--------------------
Dominique

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 10, 2016 06:27 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Adrian I cant find the page again. I did write the details down but unfortunately I cant find the paper either [Roll Eyes]

The details did include who the person was, and exactly where the event was held and the name of the town hall, what I do remember, that it was in Northern Iraq.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 12, 2016 12:30 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 5th Anniversary, Janice!!! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC