8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool 2016 - Just an idea......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blackpool 2016 - Just an idea......
Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2016 01:40 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am now going to be one of those people who come out with some profound idea, but expects somebody else to do it instead of them.It is only because I do not have the technical know how which someone else may have or may like to follow through with...

BUT

The vibes I am receiving from people on this forum regarding the up and coming Blackpool Convention in November are very positive.
I think we in the UK are getting quite excited about it already. It sounds like David has got quite a lot of interest in people wanting tables and I believe there are a few films already ready for the auction.
Our friends across the pond and also in the rest of the world have commented occasionally how they would love to get over here one day and experience the convention for themselves.

SO...

How about the possibility, someone, of providing a live video stream, somehow, from the sale room on the Sunday, so everyone could see it? It doesn't need to be a complicated affair, maybe just one camera that is moved occasionally,and everyone could witness the auction, and fun,in progress.

Like I say..... just an idea.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 06, 2016 01:45 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always though it would be great if a UK and North American convention happened the same weekend to have a live video feed between them so people could say hello.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 07, 2016 08:53 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Think maybe Claus could help on this?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 07, 2016 01:40 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Melvin,

That's a terrific idea! I would definitely look in a number of times during the day.

YouTube has a live streaming service, however one would need a decent amount of outbound bandwith to send a stream bitrate.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2016 05:54 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug - If I had the technical know how I would try to pursue it myself,with permission from David of course,as I am sure many of you would tune in regardless of the time difference. However, it is not my ball park and, as I stressed in my initial posting, it was a suggestion in the hope that maybe someone WITH the skill.... and equipment,might be inspired to want to pursue it further.
It would be good,though,wouldn't it?

--------------------

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 02:36 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did last year contact Granada reports and they said they would pop over but never did might try contacting them again

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 04:06 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David - Any publicity is good publicity and at least their report could be put on You tube later for all to see.

--------------------

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 04:33 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
at this moment in time their is 9.5 super 8 and 16mm already booked in for the auction I estimate it will run at this moment in time over 1 hour but I know their will be more on the day so it could run over 2 hours

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC