8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Uploading a pic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uploading a pic
William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 06:10 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry im sure this has been brought up many times. I have sized a photo to 550 pixles and have tried to submit however it says my password is incorrect. I have clicked on re send password but nothing is happening. This is very confusing and im sure i am doing something very wrong here. If someone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 07:30 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Join the club William. You are not alone. Why it has to be so much of an ordeal I just do not understand. We are still waiting for Doug and Brad's update which hopefully will make the whole experience much simpler.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 08:27 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you also resized the hight of the picture? Try also something less,say.. 547 instead of 550.

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 08:52 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Instead of resizing by pixels, try resizing by percentage - on picture upload page there are instructions. Or click on someone else's pic "properties" to see what size you need. Hope this helps! Believe me, I know it's frustrating at first, but once you figure it out its really quite easy!

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 08:56 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will try reducing some more thanks see what happens [Smile]

Well that didnt work either :/

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 09, 2016 09:15 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Typically it is your log in details that arn t quite perfect Will.

Try using all small letters without gaps, then with etc etc.
Try all permutations, caps at front and so on, until finally your upload is accepted and appears.

Once you know of your correct upload log in format, simply write it down safe somewhere so you know for next time and don't have to keep going through this same tedious exercise.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 09, 2016 10:47 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the letters in my login are caps. I would try that first.

It doesn't sound like an issue of how the picture is formatted: when the format is wrong, it tells you exactly that.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 11:20 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Success it was a case of changing the capitals at start of first and last name [Smile] i was just using what was automatically there. Thanks guys appreciated [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 09, 2016 11:35 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It's happened to us all Wiil and caught many of us out in the early days!

Anyhow, you've cracked it now so happy days!

I look forward to your photographs posted here. [Wink]

--------------------

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 11:41 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was just a general photo of my day haha but yes more to follow [Smile]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2016 05:28 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have tried several times but no luck its a pity hugh Thompson scott is not on here he would give you step by step instructions like he did on reel magic

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 13, 2016 06:03 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By all means invite him to join!

There's always room for more.

Until he gets here you can use this:

HOW TO - Posting images to the forum

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 13, 2016 06:17 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also remember to check actual size in Mb ... But in Paint if using Microsoft, just load picture there, go to resize and choose pixels. It will work with 550, no need to go below

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 13, 2016 09:16 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please remember guys there are 2 rules here: max pixel (550) and max size (200kb).

You can resize the pixel to 550 but if the file is stil bigger than 200kb, it will not go through.

This will happen when we took a picture with our camera set on HD quality.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 13, 2016 09:25 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Most people seemingly grasp the resize issue.
It's the cryptic case and gap sensitive way of entering the log in that appears to hinder a few.
I've assisted two examples of this in the past twelve months. Both times it was a login issue not a resize issue that was stopping the successful upload.

To be honest, even when you are able to upload, it is still a fairly slow process posting multiple pictures on this forum.

The modification for this facility here,when it arrives, will be most welcomed.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC