8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » My new house and history

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My new house and history
William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2016 02:04 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

So i had posted this on the your day in pics and got asked about the history. I thought it would be great to share with the group as its right out of a classic british horror story in some ways. This is a big reason i have been away from the group finalising getting this property and the time it has taken to move in etc. Here is a great link to some of the history. I will try and find the original aution brochure from when the house was sold it lists one statue of satan [Smile]
http://www.ournottinghamshire.org.uk/page/hell_at_tuxford_hall

|  IP: Logged

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2016 06:28 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Talk about a home with some history!

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2016 08:35 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to see what your home theater space will look like.

Considering the face that a Hell "garden" existed on the property, I think a screening of "Haxan" or Withcraft through the Ages on Super 8 would be very appropriate.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 11, 2016 04:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sensational property you have there Will!
Well done indeed. [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2016 06:47 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An open air showing of 'The Omen' would go down well methinks. Love the house.

--------------------
Dave

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2016 10:49 AM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice historic house William! Is the pit still there? If not you should re-build it.

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2016 11:16 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey thanks for feedback yes pit is still their along with the altar that held the statue of Satan i will take pics and post them [Smile]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 11, 2016 12:18 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an extraordinary house. Nice one, William.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2016 03:34 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The article lists a former owner as a maltster so I'll be thinking about your home when at the Nottingham Beer Festival tomorrow [Wink]

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2016 06:26 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!
What a bargain, you couldn't get a 2 Bed London apartment for that!
What's the catch?

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2016 06:27 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!
What a bargain, you couldn't get a 2 Bed London apartment for that!
What's the catch?

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 24, 2016 03:33 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's haunted! [Eek!]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 25, 2016 11:06 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the price was very good, I'd be worried that former residents were too terrified to carry on living there!

If you're willing to allow it to be used as a film location, I know one or two people that may well consider using it one day, at least for a short film.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC