8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Kodak May Bring Back Kodachrome

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodak May Bring Back Kodachrome
Jerome Sutter
Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2017 11:56 AM      Profile for Jerome Sutter   Email Jerome Sutter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friends, just found more info that we all will enjoy. Kodak may bring back Kodachrome. More to come:

Kodak made what was probably the most popular (and unexpected) photography announcement of CES: the company is bringing back the beloved Ektachrome film stock. But Ektachrome might only be the beginning. According to Kodak CMO Steven Overman, Kodachrome might come back next!

This incredibly tantalizing tidbit of information was revealed on The Kodakery podcast, in their episode recorded live at CES in Las Vegas. Overman was joined by three other Kodak big wigs to talk about Kodak’s Super 8 camera, but at the very end they switched gears and talked about bringing back old film stocks.
“We get asked all the time by filmmakers and photographers alike, ‘are you gonna bring back some of these iconic film stocks like Kodachrome [and] Ektachrome,'” says Overman. “I will say, we are investigating Kodachrome, looking at what it would take to bring that back […] Ektachrome is a lot easier and faster to bring back to market […] but people love Kodak’s heritage products and I feel, personally, that we have a responsibility to deliver on that love.”

You can listen to the full podcast below, or click here to skip straight to the Kodachrome bit at 23:19:

https://soundcloud.com/the-kodakery/discussing-the-new-kodak-super-8-camera-live-from-kodak-studios-at-ces#t=23:39

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 10, 2017 12:02 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is incredibly great news. Thank's for the link Jerome.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 11, 2017 08:57 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This will be kind of a conundrum:

I want the archival qualities of Kodachrome, but then again I like how Ektachrome looked on screen a little better!

"Mama please bring my Kodachrome again!
Mama please bring my Kodachrome,
Mama please bring my Kodachrome,
Mama please bring my Kodachrome again!"

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2017 02:50 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!
"They give us those nice bright colors / They give us the greens of summers / Makes you think all the world's a sunny day"
(Paul Simon. Kodachrome)

[ January 11, 2017, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Mathew James ]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC