8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Florida break

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Florida break
David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2017 11:58 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to my 1st trip to Orlando this April for Easter break - staying on International drive and hitting the parks - my wife and daughter can't wait.

|  IP: Logged

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2017 12:26 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David - You think you are going to Orlando / Disneyworld etc to have a good time? Right? Let me tell you..... you have no idea how G R E A T a time you will have! It is just the best place on Earth for top class entertainment / rides etc! Once you have done it, everything else is just second best.You will return home a different person,trust me! It is as good as that! Make sure you take plenty of movie footage.... you will need it!

(Full report demanded on your return! - Ha! Ha!)

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2017 12:44 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Melvin,

we are going on the 10th of April - just bought a GoPro - one of those minuture digital cameras you can wear on your head etc - so the ride footage should be excellent.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 03:20 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a great time david.we are goin as a family in october and cant wait.also staying on international drive. Looks great

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2017 04:02 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes weather will be good I have ben about 6 times always stay at kissimme enjoy fetch a few films back from universal studio

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2017 09:43 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Guys - Im really looking forward to it - going to Universal Studios, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, Sea World, Busch Gardens - looking forward to the rides and attractions.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 27, 2017 02:32 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're going to Busch Gardens? Awesome!
I've been to Orlando numerous times (used to attend a yearly trade show), my wife and I even spent our Honeymoon there.
We took our ten year old daughter for the first time last year. Her eyes are still sparkling.
If you want to spend a fun night out with the family, Fun Spot America (the one near Universal, not the one in Kissimee) is the place. Nice selection of rides, including Go-karts and a wooden coaster, not overly crowded, friendly staff and relatively cheap compared to the other parks. Have a great vacation.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2017 12:29 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jean- Marc,

will take you advice and check it out.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2017 07:16 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you want a good night out go to the old town at Kissimmee on a Friday night plenty to see and its all free

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2017 09:36 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David,

i'll bear that in mind - hope you manage to find the lens for me.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2017 05:05 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David - One small tip. if you are taking your GoPro or any other movie camera on the Catastrophe Canyon ride, make sure you sit on the LEFT hand side of the vehicle and keep the camera peeled on the oil tanker. You are in the best position and will get the best action shot. I'll say no more.....

--------------------

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2017 12:15 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Melvin,

you've intrigued me now - so i'll take your advice and sit on the left hand side and watch out for the oil tanker - cheers. Unfortunately Melvin - ive just checked this ride out and it closed a few years ago and it was in Disney World and for our 1st visit we've decided not to go there - as there's plenty of other parks to explore.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2017 08:43 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Guys,

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BLAST !!!!!!

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2017 11:06 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did warn you!!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC