8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Bug's Bunny Mystery show super 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bug's Bunny Mystery show super 8
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 02, 2017 10:26 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to let folks know that this show, being offered in the U.K., is NOT the full show, it's only part 1 of a 2X400ft release. I contacted the gentleman, stating that he might want to let bidders know this fact, (as i know that I would be cheesed off if I expected the full show and only got half), but he hasn't updated the auction, so ... buyers beware, it's only the first 13 or so minutes.

This is the auction ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292220473448?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 02, 2017 02:52 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And run through a silent, is that good for the magnetic stripe?

Mine is on a 600'

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 02, 2017 03:06 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have part one and havnt seen a part 2 for sale ever

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 03, 2017 03:44 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean it is more than 24 minutes? Mine is around there

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 05, 2017 11:05 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, you have the full version, which is 24 or so minutes, originally on broadcast TV. i have been talking with a very reliable source for info on this release from the U.K. and it's an interesting take!

I'm pretty sure that this wasn't sold as seperate reels, just on 2X400ft to begin with. What i bet happens is that the two reels get peperated and the seller doesn't realize it in most cases, but yes, it certainly fits snugly on a nice 600ft reel! [Smile]

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2017 11:37 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought this from Derann on release one part at a time. Thus, unfortunately, I have one part on LPP and the other on SP. They were C1221 and C1222 both price code F in the 1990 catalogue.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 06, 2017 10:47 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian!

Good man that you are, you have re-confirmed something that another film collector/seller stated to me, but i now have as an actual fact, and that is that this WAS in fact, released on L.P.P..

I must say that mine is on Kodak SP, but the colors have held up extremely well. The funny thing is that I noticed that, especially at the beginning of this film, the blacks are not perfect jet blacks (which I was attributing to Kodak SP), but then, when the fade in on the first shots (after the "Bug's Bunny Mystery Special" title card fades out), in the original cartoon footage from the 50's the building and such in the background have excellent blacks to them, so an interesting curiosity when it comes to the original source material.

Kudo's to the fine lads in the U.K. who released this, whoever you are ... specifically! [Smile]

--------------------

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2017 01:49 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was done as two separate releases. I bought part one first and later part two.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC