8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Blackpool
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2017 02:32 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well just finished loading the van on my way tomorrow Friday see most of you Friday for the film show and the rest of you over the weekend .I believe there are lots of diversons around blackpool due to road surfacing ,so take extra care

|  IP: Logged

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2017 03:20 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found that out when we got into Blackpool about 7.15 last night - missed the film show - which i was told was Roger Moore as 007 in A View to a Kill - but it was a long journey from South Wales and my good lady and I were shattered . Looking forward to a relaxing day today in Blackpool - blow the cobwebs away and a picture of me by the statue of my favourite comics - Eric and Ernie in the Winter Gardens - then the convention dinner tonight followed by the Sunday bonanza !!!!

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 18, 2017 07:58 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Afraid I won`t be going now whatever my BP is back to 210/110 so having to be very careful etc.

Best Mark.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2017 08:51 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also can't make it as my Grandma is coming round for lunch. Looking forward to Blackpool 2019....at my Aunty's next year unfortunately.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2017 09:54 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now here at Blackpool and looking forward to tonight's dinner and the main event tommorow ,this event is too good to miss all the best films and collectors will be there.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2017 12:10 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got rid of my Grandma at 5 pm and decided to take a trip to Blackpool. There was no sign of any action at the hotel when I arrived at 6pm though.

Colin Fish
Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 12:53 PM      Profile for Colin Fish   Email Colin Fish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any reviews of Blackpool?

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 01:01 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will be interesting to hear who purchased this huge collection of Super 8 films David mentioned recently:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011811#000003

Kevin

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 02:26 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see any of those films there on Sunday.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 02:41 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see any major collection on Super 8mm but Phil Sheard of Classic had some interesting bits and pieces - I bought Texas Chainsaw Massacre from him on 2 x 800ft - but if you looked around and got in there early then there were some good pieces.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 20, 2017 02:53 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How I envy you chaps, will try to attend the next one - Give us pictures if you can - Cheers, Shorty

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 03:10 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Shorty,

It was filmed on the Sunday of the convention - David Guest had some film students to record it. I saw a few people being interviewed and it looked like lots of footage was taken. From what I was told, once this has been edited it will be uploaded to Youtube - so watch this space for details as I'm sure we will all be notified when its up and ready to view.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 03:53 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes david skillern is right I had 6 students filming all day queing up at the door inside the main hall interviews film shows auction filmed they were there from 9.30 to 4.30 and were filming all day there will be a dvd done of this which will be for sale shortly but there will be some footage posted soon as a sample to view the quality of the number 1 event which took place on sunday.i would like to thank every one for attending who travelled many miles to get here .but special thanks to paul barker who spent the day on the bring and buy simon mark kieth wilton and jeremy for helping me set up the room .not forgetting uncle bob for doing the film shows and graham dons son for doing the others without their help this event would not go on

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 20, 2017 04:42 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just back home. It has been a great event this year again. Waiting for better pictures and videos to come, here are mine to give some idea of the good time I believe everyone spent.

-

Hard to say Nothing happened this week-end at the Blackpool's Hilton [Smile]

-

This year, I attended the (16 mm) Friday night projection which was over three hours. It started with a mixed reel then there has been the James Bond feature David Skillern mentionned in a precceding message. I took the picture when people were still arriving so it looks half empty but don't worry, there were many people during the three days !

-

Two projectors : one for the flat reel and the second for the scope film. The gentleman with the white t-shirt, interested by the projectors is from Scotland and came specially for the convention.

-

A closer look at the material.

-

The show is finished, time to rewind. Everything went well. I didn't picture the film but other people did. If someone wish to add these photos..

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 04:51 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will add some more pictures tomorrow, but here for anyone interested id a photo of and a link to the Cannon EOS C200 4K resolution cameras used for the movie footage taken.
 -
https://www.canon.co.uk/video-cameras/eos-c200/

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2017 05:00 PM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a great time on Sunday at the Hilton,bought four features on Super8 and stocked up on film cleaner,regards John.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 20, 2017 05:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice, that you will also post pictures, Brian [Smile]

-

Saturday night dinner. Since I was one of the few without tie, I tried to remain sit and discreet so I didn't take too many pictures that night.

-

In addition to the dinner, there is a raffle and a cine quizz (my nightmare). On the table, you can see the prizes of the raffle (I won a super 8 cartoon and...the t-shirt).

-

David Watson's Fumeo projector ready for the show to come after the dinner.

-

Everybody was impressed by the quality of the picture provided by this machine.

-

Keith Wilton (on the right) with one of the Derann employee !

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2017 03:35 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They put the illuminations back on for either us or the TV outside broadcast of "Strictly Come Dancing"
 -
The sudden death finish to the film quiz, both got 12 out of the 15 questions right.
 -
The whole of my table at the Saturday meal examine their raffle tickets as the draw progresses, plus the other diners.
 -
The dealer's hall shortly after opening.
 -
The other side of the hall.
 -

More later.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 21, 2017 08:55 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wonder if any of my RKO wants were there...Shorty

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 21, 2017 09:40 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Fumeo projector looks incredible! [Eek!]

I hope David will make his video available for purchase in NTSC.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 21, 2017 11:15 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best bet Paul, would be upload it to Vimeo [Smile]

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2017 01:04 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks likes Ged Jones, Domonique?

Ged, like Keith is super 8 royalty and was fundamental in keeping 8mm alive, along with Derek and the gang.

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2017 01:18 PM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just want to say thanks everybody David and the gang who made it a great weekend thank you [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
kinema king

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 21, 2017 03:42 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it looks great, to think of these conventions going in 2017 and beyond both here and over the pond at cinesea is quite something.
isn't it great to see the young students filming it all with today's high tech digital cameras. i wonder what they made of our superior reel stuff. [Wink]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 21, 2017 09:04 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David Watson kindly sent me pictures he took during the saturday night dinner to add. Here are the first five ones (they are seven all together).

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC