8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Italy's totally ****** UP POST!!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Italy's totally ****** UP POST!!!
Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2018 07:41 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I no longer understood what happened, I only saw the video, but I did not understand the posts. [Big Grin]

To give an example, of "it happens all over the world":
I bought several times from Russia, also ordinary parcels also arrived always, on average in 15/20 days. Now I am waiting for a parcel from Russia, which has been in Moscow postal center since 1 February (but with the seller everything is OK, if it does not arrive he refunde me).
I received an ordinary package from the UK in a week, while I'm waiting for a 15-day a registered package (shipped before the other).
I received two parcels in Italy, form Italy, all ordinary shipment, two arrived in two days, I've been waiting for the other for a week.
Luck, context, many things...
I mentioned the crisis of Italian post that occurred in December (but I do not think only here), which has created protests and refund for retreat (but no lost packages), but the package of Osi seems a randomness that with that crisis it has nothing to do.

|  IP: Logged

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 04:00 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can understand if there is a problem, or you think the parcel has gone astray, getting your money back via Paypal, as there is a time limit. If I was in the same situation, I would have been very relieved that a film I had wanted had turned up safe, and not been lost or stolen. Then I would have contacted the sender to tell him the good news, which would have been a relief for him, then arranged to resend payment. I certainly wouldn't refuse a film I had been looking forward to receiving. I suppose the sender is out of pocket on postage through no fault of his own.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 04, 2018 04:45 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, I share your logic.

--------------------
Dominique

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 04, 2018 06:17 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael O'Regan wrote

quote:
Interesting explanation.

Had I purchased the film, I would have felt obligated to accept it, postal delays notwithstanding.
Not to mention the fact that, to have paid $350 for it, I would have to have really wanted the film in the first place.

It would seem that Osi refused delivery of the film for no good reason, other than that he suddenly decided he didn't want the film. Well, that is, by any of the standards we profess as collectors, unfair to the seller.

It's pretty unbelievable really.

If Alberto is happy with this outcome, then hats off to him.

Did you really read Osi's explanation above. He wrote:

quote:
Alberto chose to have me send it back to him.
Why it seems to me with your last para wants this saga to continue?

--------------------
Winbert

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 06:46 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at Osi's statement he says :
To be honest, by the time that I received my refund by early February (or was it late January?), I wanted to be completely done with the film and didn’t want it anymore.
Did he decide that before or after he had spoken to the seller. Once I have ordered a film I have never changed my mind about receiving it. I think Osi needs to think carefully about his actions, as some sellers might blacklist him as a possible timewaster.

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 10:18 AM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys ... I make a last post with which I would like to close this affair. I worked hard with all my strength, making complaints first with Poste Italiane and, to follow, even against USPS ... I reiterate the concept that Poste Italiane are not better or worse than USPS or others ... these delays can unfortunately happen all over the world ... even in this specific story if we go to analyze the whole affair observing the tracking ... we can see that the package has been stopped for about a month in Italy and ... a month as well in the USA. ... Who is the worst of the two? Nobody, unfortunately, are things that can happen. It is important, however, that you pass the concept that you can easily buy from Italy and that Italy is a Western European country from which you can buy products and services quietly and serenely ... same as for the United States of America. U.S.A. ... a big country that I love and admire sincerely. I wrote above how much I had taken it to heart to get the film to the friend Osi ... and finally I was successful. When the online tracking revealed that the package had finally been unlocked by the US customs and that it would arrive at Osi's house I was happy, but I received an email from Osi himself asking me, for personal reasons, to reject the film to the sender . ..or to accept it and then sell it himself on eBay and turn the amount obtained to me later. I understood and accepted the personal reasons of Osi ... who is a friend ... and I ask respect for him ... and for his personal reasons reserved ... so I confirmed that he could reject the package to the sender for not create more problems. Now I am waiting to receive the package with the film inside returning from the US, I hope to receive it as soon as possible. I conclude thinking that maybe it was not the case to open this post with the title "Italy's totally ****** UP POST !!!" .... the conclusion of this story makes us understand that a little more reflection would have been appropriate, which I have repeatedly reported and written to my friend Osi. I would like to end this post with good news: as many of you will know I am not a professional seller of super 8 films ... but I can offer professional magnetic striping service for 16mm film, but this is not new. The news is that now I can offer the same service for the super 8 with, of course, the application of two magnetic tracks for even the re-record even in stereo. Here you can see how my work is done on the 16mm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEgyDMLwu1s ... from now ... same thing about the super 8. For detailed information and costs of the service write also on: moviemagnetic@gmail.com. Please contact me with confidence and please consider this unfortunate episode ... simply and only as ... the exception that confirms the rule. Greetings to all of you and to my friend Osi to whom all of you can safely continue to ask him for purchases, exchanges and sales

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 10:45 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are a man showing great integrity and patience Alberto and I applaud your wonderful example here. Thank-you.

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 04, 2018 11:30 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alberto, thanks for your post.

It sounds like Osi did have good reason for refusing delivery, and if this is the case, then I guess this could happen to anybody, and may have been outside of Osi's control.

Osi, wasn't clear on this in his post, making it sound like he refused delivery for no good reason.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 04, 2018 11:50 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alberto can you claim the postage back, I hope so.

Best Mark.

[ March 04, 2018, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 04, 2018 03:32 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert Crewdson wrote:

quote:
Once I have ordered a film I have never changed my mind about receiving it. I think Osi needs to think carefully about his actions, as some sellers might blacklist him as a possible timewaster.
If you were planning to screen a particular title in your son's birthday and the film arrived late, do you still take the film? While the film was not actually your taste, just for the sake of your son's birthday.

The above situation is not Osi's but rather my own situation 4 years ago with different seller.

I do not intend to back up anyone here, but I don't like to see people jump into his/her own conclusion for other people's situation.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 04, 2018 03:39 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, I would think that if the film had to be there at a specific date for a special event, that would have been said in one of the first messages. It seems that the reason why Ossi changed his mind is known by himself and by the seller. The most important, in my opinion, is that both of them still trust each other.

--------------------
Dominique

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 04, 2018 04:01 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said Dominique, that is my situation (NOT Osi's).

Robert's statement above was meant for general situation. So I gave my situation to contradict to his statement to show that it is not always his decision can be applied to everyone.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 04:49 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any children, but if I had bought something for a son, I would have accepted it and shown it late. If I ordered something and it arrived,even late, I would accept it. I had a similar situation myself with a film from the US. I got a tracking number, and for two weeks nothing. I contacted the seller, who assured me he had posted it. It took nearly three weeks, before any information showed up. I was pleased to receive the film I had bought.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 04, 2018 04:57 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Robert, but for me I rejected it especially it was not fit into my taste. I bought it just because of my son's birthday. Unfortunately it has lost its momentum when arrived late.

ps: the situation above can be modified not only to son's birthday, but to wife's anniversary, a wedding surprise, a friend's visit, etc, etc.... So time limit is sometimes essential.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 05:21 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Winbert.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 05, 2018 12:20 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to say that I also say the same of Alberto, as he is a good friend as well and is what he has always been, a very honest seller and I definitely say that you can rely on him.

The fault was never on Alberto's part, but in the Italian postal system and quite frankly, was continued with the U.S. postal system. They chose to hold onto the package for the full time that customs can just hold onto things.

Ciao ... Alberto!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC