8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Scanners.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scanners.
Al Wilkie
Junior

- posted February 25, 2018 01:57 PM      Profile for Al Wilkie   Email Al Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see there are some cheaper 8mm to video file scanners out now. Does anyone have any experience with them. The Reflecta is one, Winait is another. I imagine there are more. In the UK they cost around £400-00 or less. Which one is the best? I saw one of the many videos on You Tube & it looked impressive. I know they are silent but dual standard 8 & Super 8, & I have a lot of those. In the future I will need a sound one, any recomendations for that?

|  IP: Logged

Gary Sayers
Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2018 02:20 PM      Profile for Gary Sayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thread about the Wolverine scanner here:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011395

And one for the Somikon scanner here:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011449

Al Wilkie
Junior

- posted February 25, 2018 02:44 PM      Profile for Al Wilkie   Email Al Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 25, 2018 04:04 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Al...To add sound to video only scans...run the film on a sound projector and record the output audio to your computer or a digital recorder. Sync the audio and video tracks with video editing software.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Al Wilkie
Junior

- posted February 26, 2018 02:50 AM      Profile for Al Wilkie   Email Al Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Janice, I was thinking that would be the way out. I still have one of my sound projectors from the 70's.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC