8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Great short for all who support the use of film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great short for all who support the use of film
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 30, 2018 07:58 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All who love film as a medium are likely to applaud the great work being undertaken by Christopher Nolan and Tacita Dean, who have joined forces in their 'Reframing the Future of Film' initiative. This short features a recent event in Mumbai, where they - and Shivendra Singh Dungarpour - took their inspiring message to the Indian film industry.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF6oO2jW7ms

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 31, 2018 03:35 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very good Adrian.

One would hope film will survive, but it comes down to enough of it being in demand for the labs to keep producing it. This is where things do get iffy. I don't have any figures from Kodak for last year, but it would be interesting to see if the demand has increased.

I don't see a return to film exhibition in general at cinemas, sadly I see that now as a thing of the past. [Frown]

I still feel positive though, that we will see a small production and cost effective set up soon from Kodak, regarding bringing back Super8 and slide film.

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2018 07:41 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian,just a beautifull,thats why we shouldn,t confuse;art it,s one thing and tecnology it,s another thing.

filmforever that,s true.

best;
luis caramelo

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2018 02:21 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's great to see Nolan backing film so much. I recently viewed a brand NEW 70mm print of 2001 Space Odyssey struck from the original camera negative. Nolan made it happen!

I recently shot my short film on 16mm film. I used 6x400' to end up with a 17min short. with Kodak opening a new lab here in New York, it seems there must be some increase in demand, or at least I hope so!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC