8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Avoid this Ebayer (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Avoid this Ebayer
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2018 06:37 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re simon I have bought many things of him with no problems and he has bought as many of me I fully believe that simon was right in stating what he wrote on hear and I had a problem with him also as well as other forum members so we all cant be wrong

|  IP: Logged

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2018 06:50 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Unfortunately you all can be, everyone has a bad experience with a seller. Whilst we look over most things, when a seller is dishonest, example you buy a film that is complete. Only to find that the print is incomplete. You sell a projector that supposedly works. Only to find when you receive the projector the special lead is not included. Then the sellers states that he forgot to included it. You obviously naturally give them the benefit of the doubt. And wait for him to locate the lead to the working projector so you can use it. Not leave it for 6 months or more to the point that you cannot get your money back via eBay.

So here is a couple of examples David, does it jog any memories for you??

Just another example for everyone on this forum i recently bought a Super 8 projector from Ian of Perry's movies. I may add that i have dealt with Ian for over 30 years. (this was advertised on this forum). I bought knowing Ian very well and knowing that the projector actually worked. Unfortunately when i received it, apparently the sound did not work on the projector. Ian kindly offered to get this repaired by Bill Parsons. But because i had a projector that did not work even though it was sold as new and in working condition. I decided that i would rather return it for a full refund.

Just another example of how things can go wrong.

I come to the conclusion on this forum that most of the time you only want to hear one side of the story. Obviously you can all make your own minds up on who you want to deal with. But as the majority of people on this forum constantly like to take people through the mud. It's a wonder why so many people have left over the years. So really you only have yourself to blame. I'm actually on here for the entertainment factor only (think of the showman) And with the small amount of people i can still trust, regardless if they are an actual business seller or forum member.

I suppose it's all about having the balls to name and shame!

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2018 07:36 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert- right from the start, I knew there would be problems. Why did you only pay for one camera out of the two and eBay had to force you to pay for the other?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 06, 2018 07:58 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert,

Your "many small minded people" comment has me thinking that you should not post here anymore.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2018 02:38 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have known Simon for many years. he is a gentleman,and a totally honest person.he gives his all to this hobby.and there are many who feel the same,and have great respect for him. as i say.a gentleman.

William Davis
Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2018 09:27 AM      Profile for William Davis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had one transaction with the person mentioned in this thread several years ago. I bought 3 features from him that he stated were LPP. Only 1 was LPP, the other 2 were good ole faded Eastman. This was a direct purchase - not E-bay - he had them listed on another forum for sale. With the costs of returning the prints to the UK, I being in the US, I just let it go but will never deal with this person again. Thankfully most of the collectors I've met in this hobby are honest and many I can call my friends. I will add the person I'm referring to is Mr. Robert Tucker.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2018 10:10 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its a good job simoom has brought this seller to light as there could have been a lot more who has had bad experiences with mr tucker and wonder how many more and one thing why did he change his name on ebay from kitcheclarkie to 35mm we all knew who he was by his wallpaper

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 07, 2018 10:42 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm closing this thread for now. There might be a grand reopening later.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC