8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Cineworld Refuses Entry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cineworld Refuses Entry
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 11, 2018 09:32 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A mother has criticised Cineworld whose staff refused to admit her into a screening of the Lady Gaga hit "A Star Is Born" with a four-week old baby.
She was not allowed to view the 15 certificate film at the chain's Shrewsbury multiplex.
Cineworld said that staff "were acting in accordance with the age restriction law".

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2018 10:56 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The cinema sounds like it was being kind to other ticket buyers as well....I wouldn't want to listen to a crying baby unless it was up on screen!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 11, 2018 12:43 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the films a 15 that must mean 15 or over. What will a mother try next? A 3 or 4 year old because she cant get a baby sitter. This crap shouldnt have even made the news.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 11, 2018 01:14 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must be a cultural thing. I cannot recall having seen (or heard) a baby in a cinema in Belgium or in France. And I would personnally never bring a baby there.

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 11, 2018 01:34 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats right
Dominique, i think it is a cultural thing these days, we all have to bow to let people these days do what ever they want, i for one am very pleased that this company stuck to its rules. I'd like to know why anyone would think otherwise.
As already said, if the baby started crying then what?
Personally i think the woman must be a bit simple even trying to think she had a right to take the little one to a 15 certificate film [Confused]

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2018 10:09 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our local cinema has special screenings for mothers with babies fairly regularly. Quite a good compromise I think. Ken Finch. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC